A2A B-17 Input Configurator Problem

A Living Legend
new reply
KiltinSA
Airman

A2A B-17 Input Configurator Problem

Post by KiltinSA »

Hello all,

I just recently upgraded to Windows 7 and installed the B-17 and am logged on as an administrator.

I installed it to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X'.

When I try to save the A2A B-17 Input Configurator it gives me the following error:

Can't save configuration.
Please verify that the path to FSX is correct and B-17 is properly installed.

No matter what directory I select, including 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X', I get the error message identified above.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Thanks,
Cecil

Dangerous Beans
Staff Sergeant

Re: A2A B-17 Input Configurator Problem

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Either reinstall FSX to another folder outside of the "Program Files" folder or turn the "User Account Control" off

Asus Strix Z270H
i7-7700K
16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz
MSI GTX 1070 GamingX
Corsair H100i V2 Cooler
Corsair RM850X PSU
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv case
Asus VE276Q 27" Monitor 1920x1080
Win 10

KiltinSA
Airman

Post by KiltinSA »

Dangerous Beans,

I took your advice and re-installed FSX to 'C:\Flight Simulator X'. That fixed the issue...thank you so much!!!

Cecil

birdo
Airman Basic

Post by birdo »

Cecil, did you originally have in installed in program files x86? I seem to be having a similar problem but the prompt I'm getting when trying to select a main FSX file is "incorrect path, fsx.exe not found. I'd like to try reinstalling it to another file. I'm completely new to Windows 7. How did you install fsx to another location? Any help would be extremely appreciated.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

i know this thread is way old but I have the same issue. did you try turning off the UAC and trying this again? cause I hate like a Dickins to have to reinstall FSX from scratch. that would take 4 days.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”