Viewing Problem

A Living Legend
DHC120
Airman First Class

Re: Viewing Problem

Post by DHC120 »

robert41 wrote:Hello Charles. After looking at your 3d screen shot, I see what the problem is. It is the zoom. I also cannot see the gauges when zoomed back like this. I need to fly with no zoom. I cannot see all of the instrument panel of course. Need to pan around. Yes I can become disorientated sometimes. Just center the view, control and space bar, and start again. After awhile, I can pretty much center the view with just the hat button. Takes practice.
Robert;
If I zoom in, then I cannot see 90% of the instruments, maybe more! That's the whole point.. My Dad always said "Trust Your Instruments".. Something you can't do if you can't see them.. Like driving a car.. I have one (a '53 Jaguar) that has the Speedometer on the Passenger side of the Fascia (dash). Jaguar, being built by Brits, figured the driver would be on the right side, so they built the engine with the Tach Drive coming off the left (exhaust) cam, which puts the tach to the left side of the fascia.. Racers "need" the Tach, commuters need the speedo! (thus the tickets accumulated while driving the Jag.. plus it's fun to scare the hell out of the passenger when the speedo needle passes 140 on it's way to the peg :-) ) On my '62 Volvo, all the instruments are a simple "eye shift" to "thru" the steering wheel. We glance down at our gauges subconsciously. Having to zoom/pan to focus-in on gauges becomes a "task", not a subconscious action.. In the 2D view, everything I need/want to see is a simple "eye glance", leaving the other brain cell to concentrate on flying..
T'is sad that A2A felt a non-realistic VC Cockpit should be the only option.. So, I opt to not fly AccuSim.. Simple! Of course, A2A already has my money, so I guess we know who showed who.............
Charles.

PS: I changed the Photobucket Link to the FS9 2D Cockpit view as the originally posted link was incorrect.. sorry 'bout that..
Charles

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Viewing Problem

Post by robert41 »

Does not really matter if one flys in the VC or not. As long as we enjoy the flight, that is what is important.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”