c1 autopilot will not turn on

A Living Legend
guard2017a
Airman First Class

c1 autopilot will not turn on

Post by guard2017a »

I followed the instructions in the manual and I still cant the autopilot to turn on.I have no lights or anything.What am I doing wrong

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Re: c1 autopilot will not turn on

Post by A-26Invader »

guard2017a wrote:I followed the instructions in the manual and I still cant the autopilot to turn on.I have no lights or anything.What am I doing wrong
If you have just bought the airplane you need to make sure you run the newest update for any A2A airplane.
ImageImageImage

guard2017a
Airman First Class

Post by guard2017a »

i have the update installed still does not work

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Post by A-26Invader »

Do you have electrical power when you turn all three batteries on? If nothing happens with the plane do a complete overhaul in the maintenance hangar or fix anything colored RED. Batteries should be in RED if they are bad and you have no lights ect.
ImageImageImage

guard2017a
Airman First Class

Post by guard2017a »

I done all that have power on all batteries but still does not work anymore suggestions

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

in what way does it not work, can you let us know as much information about the issue and how to reproduce as possible, as well as which system platform you are using etc?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
could you discribe the actions you are doing in the order you are doing them and at what stage of flight , i.e. turning on while on ground for testing or in flight, ect.
also is your gyro turned on , and are the pots set to zero , are the engines running or just batt or apu power.
regards alan. 8)

guard2017a
Airman First Class

Post by guard2017a »

i follow the instructions for in flightnothing happens. everythimng is at zero before i turn it on nothing. how do i turn gyro on

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
the gyro is run from either inboard engines and should be uncaged , or the auto pilot has no idea as to aircraft attitude and will not function correctly.
Also did you move the pots from zero to full left and right , to see if the lights came on , where all the switches on the left side turned on , hitting the gang bar does not turn them all on but will turn them all off , was the top right switch turned on , this is what i was trying to find out to see if you missed any steps .
regards alan. 8)

guard2017a
Airman First Class

Post by guard2017a »

ive done turning all the pots left and right still i get no lights on not even red power light and i hate to ask how do i know if the gyro is uncaged. during flight i get message that heading indicator reading wrong and to push ctrl-x

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
If gyro is caged , which is where it should be during engine start to prevent gyro being damaged the gyro will be in the horizontal position as opposed to power of uncaged which will see a rate 2 or 3 turn left or right, there is a knob on the gyro that will cage / uncage the gyro , if tool tips active you will get the massage of caged / uncaged when mouse over the cage knob.
regards to heading , i hit the D key every 15 minutes to realign heading, as it will get a drift from heading if you dont.
If when you turn any of the adjusters from full left to right , and the centering lights dont come on , it would suggest you have not fully turned on the auto pilot , this is why i asked for a full discription of what you was doing to see if you was forgetting to switch something on , telling me you followed the write up instuctions to the letter , is insufficent info to get to the bottom of your issue , as you might have forgotten a stage which means the auto pilot might not be fully turned on.
regards alan. 8)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have found a bug in the C1 the red power light does not come on , it used too come on , but an update may have broken this light.
The centering lights one of each of the pair come on but should settle to none on once aircraft trimed to level flight , and only flash on if you turn L/R or climb/dive to indicate movement in that direction.
regards alan. 8)

guard2017a
Airman First Class

Post by guard2017a »

ok thanks for the update i will keep trying

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

I just want to mention again one bit of Alan's instructions: To the right of the yellow centering lights there is one round switch labeled "ON" and "OFF"... have you ensured that is "ON"? If this is not ON you will not have any centering lights illuminated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

guard2017a
Airman First Class

Post by guard2017a »

thank you for all the input. my c1 auto pilot work at all so i will fly without it

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”