Can not escape "Signs of recent detonation"

A Living Legend
new reply
Chanoler
Airman Basic

Can not escape "Signs of recent detonation"

Post by Chanoler »

This appears to be an old issue as there are numerous forum posts about it but the fix they all point to is a dead link, the issue is I get "signs of recent detonation" even if I hit "Cold Start" and perform a complete overhaul it will appear again in about 30 seconds without me touching anything. The fix provided by Scott in this post (http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 29&t=21528) links to an executable that no longer exists. Is this my fault or is this a bug whose patch is no longer available?

Note: "Signs of recent detonation" will occur any time the aircraft is on the ground with the engines off, it never occurs while the engines are running or during flight.

Video of it happening
https://youtu.be/0dh2S_0GUoM

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Can not escape "Signs of recent detonation"

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
If the links are dead , that usually means that update as been incorporated into the aircraft mods , when you purchased the aircraft and installed it , did you run the updater , if not then do so , as the aircraft you purchased tends to be the original , this applies to any A2A aircraft , the order is usually , install the aircraft , run the updater , then go fly.
regards alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

have you run the latest Accu-sim updater?

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 29&t=57819

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Chanoler
Airman Basic

Post by Chanoler »

Thank you Lewis and Alan for the quick responses, the installation did not come with an updater so I appreciate you linking me to it. I will try the updater and report back if it worked.

Not my first time delaing with missing files on an installation (PMDG forgot to copy most of its own documentation) but this updater should certainly be made obvious and placed on the store page where people like me can find it more easily or at least in the downloads section of my account.

Chanoler
Airman Basic

Post by Chanoler »

The fix appears to have worked, thank you so much for the link Lewis. If you do in fact work for A2A please see to it that this patch is made more obvious for new customers, I spent the better part of a day trying to find a solution like this.

Really appreciate the help!

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Glad you are up and running , the B17 is a great aircraft , i fly with the 91st bombardment group , re-createing ww2 bomb raids in joinFS , with pucker module engauged flak can damage your B17 , so you need to know the aircraft inside out , in readyness for any emergency that can happen , i also have the vac mod installed on my aircraft , so if eng 3 gets hit , i have to act rapidly to switch the vac to eng2 , or i have no horizon gauge or autopilot controls.
I have now got 736.1 hours on the clock.
vCol Alan cottrill 324th BS CO (flying the Memphis Belle)
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”