Windows 10 steam edition install

A Living Legend
new reply
Marine53
Airman Basic

Windows 10 steam edition install

Post by Marine53 »

hello, i have the A2A Simulation B17 sim, i have always used the FSX Deluxe edition to use this program. I purchased the FSX Steam edition a while back and would like help as to any special install advice to use the Steam version only, i have just rebuilt/upgraded my hardware and i can no longer use my original files from my SSD drives. so i am back to scratch to avoid any complications, any help offered or advice as to how to proceed with new would be helpful and greatly appreciated :) thank you :idea:

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Windows 10 steam edition install

Post by Scott - A2A »

Marine53,

The installer should find the Steam folder. If it doesn't, it will prompt you to browse to your steam directory, usually in your C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Marine53
Airman Basic

Post by Marine53 »

thank you, i am trying to run my sim from my F drive which is where the Steam folder is at, apparently it says it is a corrupt file, i just downloaded the Steam FSX an hr ago and attempted to install the wings of power and then B17 ,still not letting me add program. do i have to run a main file through the C drive? since it is the MBR?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
It could be antivirus thats interfering with install , have your anti virus set to ignor anything to do with the sim and install and run everything as admin.
regards alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Marine53 wrote:thank you, i am trying to run my sim from my F drive which is where the Steam folder is at, apparently it says it is a corrupt file, i just downloaded the Steam FSX an hr ago and attempted to install the wings of power and then B17 ,still not letting me add program. do i have to run a main file through the C drive? since it is the MBR?
Hello,

since downloading, have you restarted your system and ran FSX to check its all correctly loaded, setup for your system and loading, flying all OK?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”