SROBES WON'T SYNC UP

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
LANE
Airman Basic

SROBES WON'T SYNC UP

Post by LANE »

I'm having trouble getting the wing strobes on the FSX default 737-800 and A321 to flash in sync.
I spotted a post in the forum dating back to 2008 (Scott's reply to Legolaz) that stated all stobes are asynchronous,
and providing you put identical values in the aircraft cfg they should flash in unison. But sometimes when the lights are first
turned on they are in unison but then they drift out, the same if you switch all the lights off and then back on again.

I've had the Shockwave lights for sometime now and they have always been configured to be
out of phase eg. fx_shockwave_strobe_l_2 along with fx_shockwave_strobe_l_3. Now I want to change them, but putting two the same
simply won't sync up.

Is it me missing something very obvious?

LANE

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: SROBES WON'T SYNC UP

Post by Scott - A2A »

The only way to synch strobes is to place them as a multi light effect. Meaning, you have to place many strobes offset to their positions, rather than individual strobe placements being determined in the aircraft.cfg. Synched strobes was one of those things that we had to accept for this reason, as it would just complicate matters.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

LANE
Airman Basic

Post by LANE »

Scott - A2A wrote:The only way to synch strobes is to place them as a multi light effect. Meaning, you have to place many strobes offset to their positions, rather than individual strobe placements being determined in the aircraft.cfg. Synched strobes was one of those things that we had to accept for this reason, as it would just complicate matters.

Scott.
Sorry, but I don't follow this.

Your reply to Legolaz was:

All strobes installed are asynchronous already. The following strobes have slightly different timings:

fx_shockwave_strobe.fx
fx_shockwave_strobe_2.fx
fx_shockwave_strobe_3.fx

If you want them to be synchronous, just use the same light for all strobes lights on an aircraft.

Scott.

I think this was a debate on AI, but I just want two strobes to sync on my flying
737 but maybe I have misunderstood what sounded a pretty simple solution.
LANE

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Hm, I think my earlier post was wrong. They can initialize slightly differently and remain out of synch.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

LANE
Airman Basic

Post by LANE »

Ok so it sounds like this isn't going to work for me just by doing a cfg config. Did the strobes work in sync in FSX prior to the Shockwave install, I can't remember?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Think of it this way. As soon as you turn on the lights, each effect runs. I believe this is different based on the computer's speed to process these effects. So you can get a sort of skipping or galloping of timing.

The only way to lock them in, that I know of, is to place all lights you want in synch inside the same effect file. This would mean a custom strobe effect for each aircraft.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

LANE
Airman Basic

Post by LANE »

So which effects file do I put the strobes in and how would that work with the FSX Defalt 737?

LANE

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

The default 737 should be setup automatically from the installer. Just to be clear, strobes are not in synch.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

LANE
Airman Basic

Post by LANE »

OK

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”