Installing Redux lights on FSX

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
Tony767
Airman Basic

Installing Redux lights on FSX

Post by Tony767 »

Hello Gents,

I bought my FSX version of Shockwave lights almost 2 years ago from Simmarket. I recently had to reinstall FSX and now when I try to install the Shockwave lights it says:

"Either FSX was not found or there is file corruption is found in your FSX directory. This would likely be corrected by re-installing FSX"

Doing some research on the developer's forum, they have mentioned:

"OK, that is one of the original installers. It is looking for the following files to verify it has found FSX:

[FSX]\fsx.exe
[FSX]\SimObjects\Airplanes\Lear45\aircraft.cfg
[FSX]\eula.rtf

If you don't have all of these, just make dummy files and it should be OK.

So, my question is, how and where do I create these "dummy files" ? Someone with knowlegge on this please advise me; will appreciate you.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Installing Redux lights on FSX

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The locations are mentioned in your post;

[FSX]\fsx.exe
[FSX]\eula.rtf

So thats fsx.exe in FSX folder, aircraft.cfg in FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\Lear45 folder and eula.rtf in the FSX folder.

Hope that helps,
thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Tony767
Airman Basic

Re: Installing Redux lights on FSX

Post by Tony767 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:The locations are mentioned in your post;

[FSX]\fsx.exe
[FSX]\eula.rtf

So thats fsx.exe in FSX folder, aircraft.cfg in FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\Lear45 folder and eula.rtf in the FSX folder.

Hope that helps,
thanks,
Lewis
Lewis, I am not as bright as a developer; so I'm needing to go by specifics not general info. So, under the FSX main folder I found a blue icon that reads FSX.exe, and I also found the Lear45 cfg folder. Now, the eula.rft icon... I see a Word document under the FSX folder named eula (not eula.rft) . So, I am not sure why it still does not installs. Should I create another word doc and name it eula.rft and place it under the FSX folder?

aerogatto
Airman Basic

Re: Installing Redux lights on FSX steam

Post by aerogatto »

either microsoft fsx was not found or there is afile corruption is found in your fsx directory. this would likely be corrected by re-installing fsx.

Can somebody illustrate me how to install my lights in fsx steam ??? ive been trying so hard and also I'd follow one of the conversations here in the forum ...something like to make a dumm file ??? but its not clear... please!!!

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”