How to recover your career data

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
ggiarda
Airman

Post by ggiarda »

I'm going to explain very quickly what has happen to me this morning.
Planned to go out for a flight LIRF-EDDF, Career on, Stratocruiser filled with passengers, engines running, 15 kts along the taxi lane... crashed! :shock:
I know I should have payed more attention during the taxiing, but FSX default vehicles are not scared by this big baby and simply don't like to stop when an aircraft is going to cross their way. So, as I was setting my radio frequencies, a default airport vehicle just rammed into my nose gear. :evil:
Goodbye to my career goals and nice data (1.42 $/mile). :(

So, here is the question: is it possible to retrieve the career data from a previous time/saved flight? If yes, how? :?:

If the answer is No. then I should begin taxiing with an outside view, and if a suicidal airport vehicle is spotted at the horizon, I just have to hope it's not interest to my old lady, or avoid the thing in a slew mode (awful!). :?

Someone wants to help?
Thanks.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi GGiarda,

Recovering your career is pretty straightforward. In Documents/A2A/FSX/B377 you will find some files named 377.dat, 377log.dat along with some 377log.dat.bak files. Delete the 377log.dat file and rename and saving one of the .bak files by removing the .bak extension. I think you can have up to five .bak files in this folder, but I'm not entirely sure which is the most current. Try them by opening FSX after you have made the switch and see which one brings you back to your status before the crash. Easy, yes?

Also, FSX is absolutely plagued with hidden crash spots. You may consider turning off crash detection under the settings menu!

JP

ggiarda
Airman

Re: How to recover your career data

Post by ggiarda »

Jacques wrote:Hi GGiarda,

Recovering your career is pretty straightforward. In Documents/A2A/FSX/B377 you will find some files named 377.dat, 377log.dat along with some 377log.dat.bak files. Delete the 377log.dat file and rename and saving one of the .bak files by removing the .bak extension. I think you can have up to five .bak files in this folder, but I'm not entirely sure which is the most current. Try them by opening FSX after you have made the switch and see which one brings you back to your status before the crash. Easy, yes?

Also, FSX is absolutely plagued with hidden crash spots. You may consider turning off crash detection under the settings menu!

JP
These are great news!
Thank you very much Jacques!
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: How to recover your career data

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Just to add to Jacques reply, you can copy and paste these to somewhere for safe keeping too so if it happens again you can use your backups.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”