"meal service" option

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
rdvandenberg
Airman

"meal service" option

Post by rdvandenberg »

I am new to the forum so forgive my ignorance on how to use this form of communication. even after posting this I will have no idea how to retrieve the answer. I am flying the B377. recenty added a freeware product for fun which corrupted the program and caused fatal error message. I am using windows 7. searched the internet and found some help. deleted the corrupt freeware and reviewed the texture file and also deleted "log book". the system is now back and functioning and all of my A2A planes are back and working fine except for the " meal" option in the B 377. tried reloading the plane " fresh" and also running the update. the plane is fine but the meal option is still missing. any help you can give would be great. Remember that I am basically computer illiterate so explain any fix in simple language. I love this old plane and just enjoy hearing Heidi ask me if I want lunch. I plan on buying the connie today and hopefully it will load without problem.. thanks much--Bob

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: "meal service" option

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
When you say you deleted log book , do you mean the 377log.dat file or files , as my 377log.dat files consist of 6 files the current and 5 bak files.
On my system they are found in c:Libraries\Documents\My Documents\A2A\FSX\377.
Also what freeware messed up your b377 let everyone know so others dont make same error.
regards alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

I believe you mean corrupted FSX and not the 377?

Have you had to reinstall the 377 simulation?

To reply, simply click the reply button at the bottom of the page.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

rdvandenberg
Airman

Post by rdvandenberg »

the log book was a file in the FSX directory and not associated with the 377. it was a suggestion on the internet. it was a small file and seemed to contain 3 or 4 flight records-- seemed harmless. FSX no longer crashes and no fatal error messages have occured in FSX-- the 377 flies fine and all of the controls work without difficulty and I flew from seattle to san francisco without any problems. meals were served but there is no option to select meal service -- yes or no. I loaded the connie yesterday-- beautiful aircraft -- and everything is there as expected including the meal service. I think the corrupted file was a b24 liberator that I downloaded from fly away simulation-- the texture file for the VC only showed the co-pilot and the pilot was blacked out-- I think this is when all the concerns began. it was after trying to load and fly this plane that the meal service vanished. I reloaded a fresh 377 file form the A2A site and also the associated COTs from the site. everything looks perfect except that the box that appears with shift 3 no longer has the option to turn meals on and off- they still get served-- I can live with this since FSX no longer has "fatal error" -- I would just like to have the option i previously had. the FSX config files are untouched and appear to be normal.. I am not a computer genius so if you have a great idea please put it in simple language-- thanks so much--Bob

rdvandenberg
Airman

Post by rdvandenberg »

just a comment-- the "log book: was found by using the path C: program(x86)- microsoft games- microsoft flight simulator X- log book. the file is no longer there and have not seen it replaced even after flying multiple aircraft over the last 2-3 days. also should state that I basically have removed all free ware planes form the sim objects file.- have not removed anything else because i have limited computer knowlege and things were now working== thanks again--Bob

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Bob,

upon the reinstall of the B377 have you run the latest Accu-sim updater to update your B377?

I would first recommend deleting this update folder in your FSX; \FSX\A2A\B377\Update

And then re-run the latest Accu-sim updater here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 37&t=57819

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

rdvandenberg
Airman

Post by rdvandenberg »

hello, just finished reading your post. Thank you Lewis for the advice. I had reloaded the 377 and had run what I thought was the latest update. Using the link that you provided I once again ran the update and noticed that both the 377 and the Connie had updates available. In reviewing the file folder that you sent me , all of the airplanes including the J3, Cherokee, Comanche, P 40, T6, and B-17 had an update folder. The 377 and the Connie did not have update folders. When I restarted FSX I have noted that the meal selection option is now back. Thank you so much for your help and your patience in working with someone who has little knowledge of computers but who loves to fly. Last night while flying the Connie I had another episode of fatal error occur. I have no earthly idea why this happened but after I reloaded FSX I was able to fly the Connie back and forth from Olympia to Seattle Washington without any difficulty. Perhaps I'm asking my computer to do too many things at once and it failed. I will keep monitoring it and see if I have any other problems. In the meantime thank you to the entire forum and especially Lewis for getting me through this particular problem. Best wishes, Bob

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great to hear Bob, happy flying in the virtual skies 8)

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Post by Neon »

If the logbook gets corrupted, ie a missing or bad entry, then the game will crash. There's a free logbook editor
here https://mouseviator.com/pc-creations/fs-logbook-editor/ You can delete bad entries, save it
and it will fix the problem. Also since you're new to FSX, you'll eventually need the fix for the menu crash.
You can get it here https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthre ... re-dll-fix
Drop it in your FSX folder.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”