Will the crew tell the pilot when engine is ready?

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
Wiqvist
Senior Airman

Will the crew tell the pilot when engine is ready?

Post by Wiqvist »

Often when I use the B-17 so is the crew telling me when the engines have reach the right temprature. Is it ment that also the crew in B-377 should tell when the engines are ready to use?

Then I also wonder if I set that the engineer should take care of his duties, he turn on the aircraft and prepare it for starting the engines, then I start the engines and he turn on the generators and the other stuff. But when I stop for engine tests and start to do the pilots part of the run up of the enginees. Will the engineer perform the engineer part of that test, or do I have to do the engineers part of it also?

If there is ever coming a new update of this aircraft, so would it be funny if the radio operator also turn in radio frequences with song and other radio stuff like the radiooperator do in the B-17. And it would be funny with animated crew also when using the cocpit view, the same as on external view. I understand that this may lower the fps, but it could be a choice if you like to have them or not. Another thing wich I would have liked for all aircraft, if it is not possible, to change the key setup to choose the menues. The last is may already possible, if it is can someone tell me how in that case. I do not think it is neccessary with an update of this aircraft, I just mean if there is coming one.

Wiqvist
Senior Airman

Re: Will the crew tell the pilot when engine is ready?

Post by Wiqvist »

I still wonder if the B-377 crew will tell you when the engines are warm enough to start taxi with, as the crew do in the B-17?

I will be glad if some person could tell me this.

swarovski
Senior Airman

Post by swarovski »

So far I haven't heard any. I normally wait for temps and pressures to steady and that they're in the green, and then check everything is looking normal before and after run up checks later on.

Wiqvist
Senior Airman

Post by Wiqvist »

Swarovski, I do the same as you, but a couple of times so have I waited some minutes just to see if they are going to tell me that the aircraft is ready to taxi, as they do in the B-17. This is may one of this things the producers will not tell, cause it should be a suprice what they are saying. It is realy great that the crew are so 'alive' that they can say different things different times. Most often the crew on add on aircrafts say the same in the same situation.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”