Reverse Thrust

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
wdhurley
Airman

Reverse Thrust

Post by wdhurley »

Has anybody had any problems using their reverse thrust mapped to their joystick throttle? The way i have it set up it works on every airplane except the 377, but when I pull the throttles down into TR's, the throttle vibrates between TR and idle causing the engines to stall. If i hold F2, it works fine. I am using the Saitek throttle quadrant. There is a button at the bottom of the throttle so when the throttle is pulled all the way down past idle, it presses a switch (TR). Any ideas?

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Reverse Thrust

Post by Gypsy Baron »

wdhurley wrote:Has anybody had any problems using their reverse thrust mapped to their joystick throttle? The way i have it set up it works on every airplane except the 377, but when I pull the throttles down into TR's, the throttle vibrates between TR and idle causing the engines to stall. If i hold F2, it works fine. I am using the Saitek throttle quadrant. There is a button at the bottom of the throttle so when the throttle is pulled all the way down past idle, it presses a switch (TR). Any ideas?

The Accu-Sim B-377 is not "every airplane" :) The sequence for entering and exiting reverse pitch
is well documented in the manual and in various posts on this forum.

In a nutshell, press F1 to force throttle inputs to IDLE. Press and hold F2 until the throttles move
back into the reverse pitch region. The further back they move, the higher the RPM in reverse pitch.

Before you come to a complete stop or foul your plugs, press and hold F3 to move the throttles
OUT of the reverse pitch zone. Once back into the "normal" region (just past idle) you can once
again use the throttles normally.

On my dual Saitek throttle quads I have the #4 detent switch programmed (vis FSUIPC4) to activate
a small Lua script that sends F1, then a series of F2's that put my throttles into full reverse pitch.

When I move the throttles (#4 actually) OUT of the detent, I trigger another Lua script that sends
a series of F3's.

Once could accomplish this with the Saitek software by using the repeats and inter-key delays for
the "into detent: and "out of detent" conditions.

If you happen to have a registered copy of FSUIPC4, which I HIGHLY recommend, then you can
use the Lua script approach.
here is the Lua script to go into reverse pitch:

Code: Select all

i = 0
   ipc.keypress(112)
   ipc.sleep(250)
while i < 14 do
   ipc.keypress(113)
    ipc.keypress(113)
	ipc.keypress(113)
   ipc.sleep(50)
   i = i + 1
end
And here is the script to exit reverse pitch:

Code: Select all

i = 0
while i < 15 do
   ipc.keypress(114)
      ipc.sleep(50)
	ipc.keypress(114)
   ipc.sleep(50)
   i = i + 1
end
This method works without fail for me as long as I do not stay in reverse pitch to
the point of coming to a complete stop or fouling my plugs.

I have, on occasion, actually backed the B-377 up using reverse pitch :)
Paul
i7-4790K @4.4Ghz OC - ASUS Z97-A- 16GB Corsair 1600mHz - GTX 760 2GB
240GB + 500GB EVO SSD's - 2x500GB and 1x2TB WD Black 7200 RPM drives

wdhurley
Airman

Post by wdhurley »

I do have FSUIPC. I must have missed that whole area in the manual! lol i thought I combed it pretty well. I will attempt the scripts you have there. Where do I put them?

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

wdhurley wrote:I do have FSUIPC. I must have missed that whole area in the manual! lol i thought I combed it pretty well. I will attempt the scripts you have there. Where do I put them?
Copy and paste each one to notepad and save as "Reverse_In.lua" and "Reverse_out.lua".

Save them in your Modules folder right there with FSUIPC4. FSUIPC will see the .lua files
and add those names to it's list of assignable commands in the Buttons & Switches
setup screen in the drop-down menu. Be sure to check the "Aircraft specific" box
when assigning them to yout throttle detent. The "In" for the switch activated and the
"Out" for the switch released.
Paul
i7-4790K @4.4Ghz OC - ASUS Z97-A- 16GB Corsair 1600mHz - GTX 760 2GB
240GB + 500GB EVO SSD's - 2x500GB and 1x2TB WD Black 7200 RPM drives

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”