United Airlines N31225 (Texture Now Available)

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
FoMoCo63
Senior Airman

United Airlines N31225 (Texture Now Available)

Post by FoMoCo63 »

Been working on the United Livery earlier version of the Mainliner Stratocruiser (Boeing 377-10-34) that United ran in the early 50's.

Click Here To Download Texture For United N31225 Livery

Who knows maybe a couple weeks and a United will be ready to roll out of the hangars.

Last edited by FoMoCo63 on 26 Jul 2015, 21:12, edited 15 times in total.

triflyman
Senior Airman

Re: United Airlines

Post by triflyman »

I downloaded your Transocean last week...great job and thank you. Got tired of seeing them in CalClassics Hawaii (AI's) and not being able to fly one on their routes.

Question...what UAL Livery are you doing? The 377 I purchased from A2A last year had a UAL Livery with it (see my avatar). I saw the UAL Livery posted on the Transocean postings...as far as I know no UAL B377 ever had that scheme...they were long gone before then.

Just curious.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi Trflyman,

The UAL paint posted in Transocean thread was a fictional paint done by a member a few years past. You are correct, United ditched their 377s very quickly. I'm also curious to see what FoMoCo has up his sleeve! Maybe a white top Pan Am will follow?

FoMoCo63
Senior Airman

Post by FoMoCo63 »

Thanks for downloading the Transocean texture, glad you enjoy it.

Didn't see your Avatar might not be visible off line. I know with my version of the Stratocruiser I didn't have a United livery :( but soon I will :)
I plan on doing 2 liveries, one from the late 40's and one from the 50's I'm assuming here. Same blue paint and logo's just that one was painted with a white top, and the other was a bare metal texture top.
Was common back then in the early 50's to paint the top of the fuselage of aircraft white to cut down on the transfer heat through the fuselage from the sun. Just when United painted the white top I am unsure, just a guess. More a Wisconsin Central/North Central aficionado. I know Wisconsin Central started painting white tops on their Lockheed L-10A's in 1950 for this reason. North Central painted the white top on their DC-3's at the end of "56" into "57" then.

I noticed from the person that posted in the Transocean thread the photo(s) of the United livery, had mentioned it was a fictitious livery for the airline Big Juicy Spider created. More the style of the 60's aircraft scheme, like DC-9 and etc.

I see Pan Am had a couple white top liveries. I also see one of them is in the Master Listing of Paints section here.

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

Sorry...that Avatar is on the CalClassic's site. I took a Screen Shot of the UAL Strat at 1959 San Francisco (KSFO)...notice no "jet ways" nor jets....but can't understand what I need to do to get it on this reply (read the instructions but don't understand what they say to do and I don't subscribe to a public posting site) so will send you a PM with the shot. I think the blue color is wrong on the A2A file...it's to green and needs to be more dark blue. Hope this helps.

I also did a little on line research as I didn't remember any UAL Strat's with a white top but found one picture with a white top and it looks great.

Glad your working on this.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

United Airlines

Post by Jacques »

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Pan-Amer ... 1277583/M/

I don't think this particular version of the white top Pan Am has been done. There is an older one by a gent named Royale-Adio available on the OzX forum that represents the last paint done for the 377 under Pan Am, the one with the iconic globe.

The particular aircraft above was named "Clipper Fleetwing" and probably still was when this picture was taken. Her tail and nose and perhaps part of her fuselage became the Sole surviving example of the Mini Guppy now on display in Tillamook, Oregon.

But really, anything you do is much appreciated. I'm just really happy that you have decided to expand the available paints for this truly fascinating aircraft.
Last edited by Jacques on 09 Jul 2015, 01:24, edited 1 time in total.

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Looking forward to seeing the United repaints, FoMoCo. :)

FoMoCo63
Senior Airman

Post by FoMoCo63 »

Be sure to check back here from time to time, as I will randomly change the photo I have posted here just to give a progress report :)

Texture has been uploaded just waiting approval

Last edited by FoMoCo63 on 19 Jul 2015, 19:28, edited 8 times in total.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Wow. Looks great. I will be downloading this when it's available.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

FlameOut
Staff Sergeant

Post by FlameOut »

Oh, she is looking good in her new dress ! 8)

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Yessir, FoMoCo, that looks mighty nice so far!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Looking like another classic 377 repaint in the works :D

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

FoMoCo63,

Your subtle details and wear & tear texturing are incredible. 8)

Forest
FAC257

FoMoCo63
Senior Airman

Post by FoMoCo63 »

The replies are high praise that I appreciate for just a simple ole painter such as myself.

I'm still plugging away daily at the paint. So many hours and layers of pure enjoyment. I have completed all the b377_t.dds file paint and logo's and lettering etc's. and it looks great :) lol. I was fortunate enough to find many photos of the United livery that aided me in this repaint.

Now I get to do all the Alpha's and speculars, and bumps, and night lighting. Bring everything I've done with the paint into a perspective.

FoMoCo63
Senior Airman

Post by FoMoCo63 »

Seems I never get done with adding here and there. There will come a day though :)

Texture has been uploaded just waiting for approval

Last edited by FoMoCo63 on 19 Jul 2015, 19:21, edited 2 times in total.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”