Which Axis for a specific CH Eclipse Yoke Paddle Assignment?

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
Alyot
Airman

Which Axis for a specific CH Eclipse Yoke Paddle Assignment?

Post by Alyot »

For the A2A B-377 Stratocruiser, I have CH Products Eclipse Yoke and I'd like to assign the paddle axis to the turn handle of the autopilot. I was looking in your control configurator, but the axis letters and numbers you use don't seem to match the letters and numbers in the CH Products paperwork either.
Could someone please tell me which of the following belongs to the paddles on the controller? (Rx, Ry, Rz?)

[Answer:] The paddle axis on the CH Products Eclipse Yoke is the Rz Axis, so that's the one to program in the A2A Input Configurator. (Unfortunately, mine isn't going to work because the voltage is wandering around all over the place, so it won't stay centered, or hold any other value consistantly. CH Products is sending me a new replacement rheostat, but I'm afraid that's not the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
I've had this problem before, but usually exercising it a few times would clear it up...at least for a while. Not this time. It's a shame, too.
I've never even used the paddle for anything before and it's only 2 years old. I've always had rudder pedals, so never needed it.)

On a related note, are there any plans to add a key/button repeat function to the A2A Input Configurator? I tried using a pair of buttons for pitch up/down, but they won't repeat when held down, so it would take way too long to make changes, if something happens and goes too far one way or the other.

Using one of the rocker buttons works GREAT for the turn handle, though. That 5 degree increment on the turn is perfect. Thank you. :D

Thanks so much.
..and thank you for all your work on the recent updates and additions to the features of these lovely models. :D

Yours,
:)

ThomasAH
Airman First Class

Re: Which Axis for a specific CH Eclipse Yoke Paddle Assignm

Post by ThomasAH »

Alyot wrote:(Unfortunately, mine isn't going to work because the voltage is wandering around all over the place, so it won't stay centered, or hold any other value consistantly. CH Products is sending me a new replacement rheostat, but I'm afraid that's not the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
I've had this problem before, but usually exercising it a few times would clear it up...at least for a while. Not this time. It's a shame, too.
I've never even used the paddle for anything before and it's only 2 years old. I've always had rudder pedals, so never needed it.)
I used electrical components cleaner spray (not sure about brands in the US, I used SONAX 806400 Professional Elektronikreiniger in Germany) to clean the rheostats of two Saitek throttle quadrants, which exposed a similar problem. Now they work as good as new, despite being nine years old. Just make sure that you use a brand that does not affect plastic, use disposable gloves, do that outside, and let it dry for a day before connecting to power again.
I did not need to open the devices, I just sprayed beneath the levers for half a second and moved them multiple times.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”