Addicted to One on One!

A place where general info about BOB2 can be found
new reply
kevmusic
Airman Basic

Addicted to One on One!

Post by kevmusic »

I just love the style of this kind of combat. However, one gripe - the AI isn't aggressive enough! We make our initial passes, I look around and see him about 1/2 a mile away practising for the next Tempelhof airshow. If I fly straight and level long enough I can usually tempt him into noticing me; otherwise I'm onto his tail in no time and the result is a certainty. There are times when I've spun and the recovery has taken wa-a-y too long......and then he should be on me, punishing me for my poor flying, but no - he's a way off with his loops and chandeles. This happens on all AI levels upto, and including, 'hero'.

Any ways of making him go after me more - besides wearing high heels and a mini skirt? :roll:
Dell Vostro 410DT, MS Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Processor
3072MB 800MHz Dual Channel memory
500GB hard drive with 16MB cache
512MB nVidia GeForce 8800GT graphics
MS Force Feedback 2 joystick

Buddye
BDG

Re: Addicted to One on One!

Post by Buddye »

Hi kevmusic,

I love post where people want the AI more aggressive. :D

Try a few things. For a sure fire effective engage "each time" exit BOBII and retart it each time. The IA changes the starting location each time to vary the missions and the AI has trouble seeing the enemy.

Set the skill to Hero or ACE for the attacking AI.

When that is not enough set in the Bdg.txt (using notpad, use edit find to find the lines, make change, then save) the following:

Do_You_Want_To_Fight_The_Terminator_AI=ON #Note: Only valid for IA Missions

AI_Always_Sees_Enemy=ON

Wingmen_Always_Sees_Enemy=ON

Let me know if your AI then get aggressive. :D
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

kevmusic
Airman Basic

Post by kevmusic »

Whoa! He fights back!! Yep, he turns with me much more, and the blackouts make me rue last night's session at the 'White Horse'. I very nearly bought it when our turns tooks us down right over the beach; but a quick glance at him showed that he'd bottled out before I did: I got on his tail again and everything was beautiful.

But - I'm not that good! Beyond the first pass, AI never again gets a shot at me. He should be more dangerous! Can anything else be done?

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Try the 12-on-12 Instant Action Random advanage Dog fight.

use the BDG.txt setting Do_You_Want_To_Fight_The_Terminator_AI=ON #Note: Only valid for IA Missions

Your Goal (if you decide to accept it), survive the mission without running away.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

kevmusic
Airman Basic

Post by kevmusic »

Buddye wrote:Your Goal (if you decide to accept it), survive the mission
:shock: :shock:

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Try the 12-on-12. It will test your metal as a pilot, I think. Your running 2.09?

If you are fighting the Terminator in 1-on-1 and strating at a higher Alt, that is about all you can do but do look to be sure you are not cheating (no external view, blackout and white outs on, cockpit view only (F7) , no Cheat view (F8), full realisum, no extra ammo, full spin parameters, etc.).

It is an honor system. :wink:
Buddye

stalkervision
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by stalkervision »

kevmusic wrote:I just love the style of this kind of combat. However, one gripe - the AI isn't aggressive enough! We make our initial passes, I look around and see him about 1/2 a mile away practising for the next Tempelhof airshow. If I fly straight and level long enough I can usually tempt him into noticing me; otherwise I'm onto his tail in no time and the result is a certainty. There are times when I've spun and the recovery has taken wa-a-y too long......and then he should be on me, punishing me for my poor flying, but no - he's a way off with his loops and chandeles. This happens on all AI levels upto, and including, 'hero'.

Any ways of making him go after me more - besides wearing high heels and a mini skirt? :roll:

what are you flying? the 109 or the spitfire/Hurricane :)

You want a nice time fly the 110 or even better the stuka in a dogfight! :mrgreen:

new reply

Return to “BOB2 FAQ FORUM”