manual engine

A place where general info about BOB2 can be found
new reply
lansing
Airman Basic

manual engine

Post by lansing »

hi guys,
first of all great job, i've discovered the 2.09 patch and...great job!!!!
i have a question: i'm playing a RAF pilot campaign, i want to manage the engine manually, i've selected the option at the beginnig of the campaign, but when i choose to take off the sims put my plane already on the ground with the engine started and if i click with the right mouse button i don't have the manual option activated. what am i doing wrong?
p.s. i rememeber with the oldest patch that when the manual engine option is activated when on the ground before i can start the engine my squadron is yet leaving the ground. is this "bug" fixed with the 2.09 patch?
thanks!

Buddye
BDG

Re: manual engine

Post by Buddye »

Hi and welcome to BOBII and the BOBII forum and Community.

I think you selected Auto Engine when you started your Campaign. Remember the settings you have when you start a campaign are the settings you will be forced to have all during the campaign. Does it change it back to Auto Engine management?

Check out the starting in the Instant Action take off mission.

Set the engine management and prop pitch to manual and give it a try.

Then start a new campaign with the setting you want as final.

Well it is not exactly a bug. You will need to start your engine faster. Most players have assigned keys to to the manual start sequence faster. If you are interested in that, you can look the User Manual Appendix H.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

lansing
Airman Basic

Re: manual engine

Post by lansing »

thanks, i had to start a new campaign and everything worked fine!

new reply

Return to “BOB2 FAQ FORUM”