A2A Simulations - Mini Holiday update

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Simulations - Mini Holiday update

Post by robert41 »

Scott - A2A wrote:Literally every Accu-Sim product we have released has carved a new path based on research, learning, and then using this knowledge to create a product. Remember the J-3 Cub? The talk was “what's there to Accu-Sim?” I liked these comments because before the J3, many outsiders wrongly thought Accu-Sim was some kind of simple engine damage. They thought Accu-Sim was hard, but the J3 showed that true realism is actually easier because common sense applies. The Cub gave us the golden opportunity to show people that “damage and wear” is only about 5% of the world of Accu-Sim. Our beautiful little J-3 was and continues to be a huge success.

We are however now witnessing another golden opportunity developing with this Cherokee from the public's misunderstanding of how and where a Cessna 172 and a Piper Cherokee differ. On paper, these two look similar, but to anyone that knows, these two icons are far from the same. The manufacturers have a very different view (literally speaking from the cockpit too :) ), so when comparing, the words siblings or even cousins don't come to mind. What they are, are fierce competitors much like a Ford Mustang is to a Chevrolet Camaro. Except in this case, we’re comparing a 1996 Cessna 172 to a 1965 Piper Cherokee 180, and how they operate today. It’s fascinating.

With Accu-Sim and the requirement for us to flight test so thoroughly, we’re seeing all sorts of things pop up that we never noticed before when just flying them. Initial flight testing shows how they taxi, takeoff, climb, stall, land differently. It wasn't until just the other day after doing the sound recordings of a Cherokee with a Lycoming O-360 and coming back to the studio that I realized just how different they sound. And I mean COMPLETELY different. This is going to be really a big moment when we have both of these GA titans on the market and both simmers and pilots can truly see just how these two rivals stack up. This forum will light up with all kinds of debates and knowledge.

Scott.
From what I read on other forums, many still think Accusim is just eye candy. I have read phrases like, I do not want to fly an aircraft that the engine starts on fire, I just want to fly. That is why I do not have Accusim aircraft.
It is hard to tell someone that these aircraft engines are not designed to start on fire, it is usually the pilot that is responsible for that.
I find myself surprised at how much time that I have in the 172. Almost 100 hours now. Not my usual type of aircraft to fly. All short flights. But it is a very enjoyable experience.
Looking forward to many more aircraft

alehead
Staff Sergeant

Post by alehead »

Great news. I like the updates listed for the core engine.

Great times ahead!

Season's greetings to the team

Andrew

Andrew Entwistle
Andrew
i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz (Der8auer delidded) on air (NH-D15), ASUS MAXIMUS X Hero, 16Gb RAM
EVGA GTX1070Ti, Win10Pro on Samsung M2 500Gb SSD, P3D V4 on 850 EVO 1Tb
Accusim (P3D): T6/Comanche/Cherokee/Spitfire/P51D Mustang (Civ)/V-Tail Bonanza

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

A very nice cabin there! And I like that you model these older models too - when I worked with GA aircraft, an average age of the planes was almost twice the age of mine! (Though I'm catching up every year..) Aviation is a fun business in a way - I once checked a technical logbook of a certain PA-28, then used by a certain FTO, for an airworthiness review. And on the pages from 70'ies, there happened to be the sign-offs by my father, who did some GA mechanic work back then at about the same age I was when checking that book. Classics still go on.

Too many Beavers, Dakotas, TwOtters, Cessnas (including the almost forgotten 300- and 400-series), Beeches etc. to pick from! I hope there could be some market for you to correctly model some more of all these classic planes after the 172 and PA-28.

Happy holidays and 2014 to the A2A team and the whole community!

-Esa

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

With the piper will the flap trick be modeled? You know once you set full flaps if you pull back on the flap handle and hold it you get an extra couple of degrees of flaps.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

n421nj wrote:With the piper will the flap trick be modeled? You know once you set full flaps if you pull back on the flap handle and hold it you get an extra couple of degrees of flaps.
I owned a '78 Piper Warrior and know what you are saying, but no, that won't be modeled. As a general rule, it's not a good idea to push a design beyond it's designed limits.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

cornell blok
Airman First Class

Post by cornell blok »

I must say I can't wait for this aircraft !!

I'm a huge piper fan :!:

I've got 600 hours in a C172 and a little over 200 in a Piper 140/180/200 and the piper just always felt like a little fighter so responsive and a joy to fly.

The screen shots are amazing and reminded me of my flight school days

Alec246
Airman First Class

Post by Alec246 »

Any news on the new Core? Anxious to try this modified Yaw in the C172!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Alec,

It shouldn't be too much longer now.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mike4370
Senior Airman

Post by mike4370 »

so where is this update??

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I'll quote Scott from another post
I'm sorry everyone, we went a bridge too far with one item that was eating up too much time. We expect the core update to be out by the end of this week.

Scott.

thanks
Lewis

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

kind of funny... we're waiting for an update like for a new plane xDDD

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello everyone,

in case you miss it in the pilot lounge and update threads here is the update;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=38314

thanks
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”