A2A Simulations - Mini Holiday update

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
locmar
Airman

Re: A2A Simulations - Mini Holiday update

Post by locmar »

Great Job guys!! Thanks for the preview,looks awesome. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all the incredible folks at A2A Simulations and A2A fans. :D

DeskPilot518
Senior Airman

Post by DeskPilot518 »

This looks awesome!!! Thanks for posting. Photo guys!!!!
Looking forward to this!

B.
My blog!
DeskPilot's Flight Sim Blog:
http://deskpilot518.blogspot.com/

Shalomar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shalomar »

It looks like no possibility for RXP GNS integration from the looks of the panel, is that true?
Virtual Avgas fits my budget...

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

I imagine A2A would make the radio stack modular like with the 172. Looking at the screenie it looks like you could take out Com1/Nav1 and the DME would leave you room for a GNS unit. I am sure the boys will come up with something :)
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

Any chance for a version with a constant-speed prop? :)
VC is looking great!
Kind regards, Matthias

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I'm still going to fly my 172 down to the Piper factory and trade it in on the new Piper PA28/A

bishop
Airman

Post by bishop »

It looks nice but a bit disappointed that the model is not more modern say the Archer from the 1970s or one of the models with constant-speed prop.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Shalomar wrote:It looks like no possibility for RXP GNS integration from the looks of the panel, is that true?
The options for the cockpit will be similar to the C172, all hot swappable in sim in the same fashion.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

bishop wrote:It looks nice but a bit disappointed that the model is not more modern say the Archer from the 1970s or one of the models with constant-speed prop.
You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time. But you can't please all of the people all of the time.

I just made that up. 8)

Not really, it was Abraham Lincoln. Whoever that is! Actually, he said FOOL, not please
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Literally every Accu-Sim product we have released has carved a new path based on research, learning, and then using this knowledge to create a product. Remember the J-3 Cub? The talk was “what's there to Accu-Sim?” I liked these comments because before the J3, many outsiders wrongly thought Accu-Sim was some kind of simple engine damage. They thought Accu-Sim was hard, but the J3 showed that true realism is actually easier because common sense applies. The Cub gave us the golden opportunity to show people that “damage and wear” is only about 5% of the world of Accu-Sim. Our beautiful little J-3 was and continues to be a huge success.

We are however now witnessing another golden opportunity developing with this Cherokee from the public's misunderstanding of how and where a Cessna 172 and a Piper Cherokee differ. On paper, these two look similar, but to anyone that knows, these two icons are far from the same. The manufacturers have a very different view (literally speaking from the cockpit too :) ), so when comparing, the words siblings or even cousins don't come to mind. What they are, are fierce competitors much like a Ford Mustang is to a Chevrolet Camaro. Except in this case, we’re comparing a 1996 Cessna 172 to a 1965 Piper Cherokee 180, and how they operate today. It’s fascinating.

With Accu-Sim and the requirement for us to flight test so thoroughly, we’re seeing all sorts of things pop up that we never noticed before when just flying them. Initial flight testing shows how they taxi, takeoff, climb, stall, land differently. It wasn't until just the other day after doing the sound recordings of a Cherokee with a Lycoming O-360 and coming back to the studio that I realized just how different they sound. And I mean COMPLETELY different. This is going to be really a big moment when we have both of these GA titans on the market and both simmers and pilots can truly see just how these two rivals stack up. This forum will light up with all kinds of debates and knowledge.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I'm still flying N7274H down to Vero Beach directly to Piper Aircraft to pickup my Cherokee

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Scott - A2A wrote:Literally every Accu-Sim product we have released has carved a new path based on research, learning, and then using this knowledge to create a product. Remember the J-3 Cub? The talk was “what's there to Accu-Sim?” I liked these comments because before the J3, many outsiders wrongly thought Accu-Sim was some kind of simple engine damage. They thought Accu-Sim was hard, but the J3 showed that true realism is actually easier because common sense applies. The Cub gave us the golden opportunity to show people that “damage and wear” is only about 5% of the world of Accu-Sim. Our beautiful little J-3 was and continues to be a huge success.

We are however now witnessing another golden opportunity developing with this Cherokee from the public's misunderstanding of how and where a Cessna 172 and a Piper Cherokee differ. On paper, these two look similar, but to anyone that knows, these two icons are far from the same. The manufacturers have a very different view (literally speaking from the cockpit too :) ), so when comparing, the words siblings or even cousins don't come to mind. What they are, are fierce competitors much like a Ford Mustang is to a Chevrolet Camaro. Except in this case, we’re comparing a 1996 Cessna 172 to a 1965 Piper Cherokee 180, and how they operate today. It’s fascinating.

With Accu-Sim and the requirement for us to flight test so thoroughly, we’re seeing all sorts of things pop up that we never noticed before when just flying them. Initial flight testing shows how they taxi, takeoff, climb, stall, land differently. It wasn't until just the other day after doing the sound recordings of a Cherokee with a Lycoming O-360 and coming back to the studio that I realized just how different they sound. And I mean COMPLETELY different. This is going to be really a big moment when we have both of these GA titans on the market and both simmers and pilots can truly see just how these two rivals stack up. This forum will light up with all kinds of debates and knowledge.

Scott.
Scott, stop it! People are wetting themselves out here! :lol:
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Scott - A2A wrote:Literally every Accu-Sim product we have released has carved a new path based on research, learning, and then using this knowledge to create a product. Remember the J-3 Cub? The talk was “what's there to Accu-Sim?” I liked these comments because before the J3, many outsiders wrongly thought Accu-Sim was some kind of simple engine damage. They thought Accu-Sim was hard, but the J3 showed that true realism is actually easier because common sense applies. The Cub gave us the golden opportunity to show people that “damage and wear” is only about 5% of the world of Accu-Sim. Our beautiful little J-3 was and continues to be a huge success.

Scott.
You guys are killing me. As a warbird guy, I didn't want to get any GA on my FSX to begin with, and got the 172 because I trust A2A enough that I'd like it... turns out I love it. But I REALLY wasn't gonna get the Piper; no need, never flown one, never been interested, who cares... ?

Now it looks like not only have you sold me Cherokee, but I'm insanely excited about it's release!

Now, since I think I read the C172 was at the center of your 2014 plans, I hope that means an older, carburated variant will be released in the manner that the Civilian P-51 was released after the Military version. That would be the icing on the cake for me!

Congrats on all your successes, and Merry Christmas!

Joe
Joe

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Beautiful.... Can't wait.

Merry Christmas to the A2A Team and to all who fly their birds.
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

smokeyupahead
Staff Sergeant

Post by smokeyupahead »

Thank you and Merry Christmass to you all!

David
Cheers,
David DD

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”