Re: A2A (Accu-Sim) Update (OLD COMMENTS)

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
maubrenta
Senior Airman

Re: A2A (Accu-Sim) Update 09/26/2014 - DOWNLOAD

Post by maubrenta »

Nice!! Thank you A2A!

Marvis
Airman

Post by Marvis »

Could it be that some of the extras models disappear??? I can't find "model=emblem" and "model=chrome_spinner"... I'll try a reinstall and keep this model folders at safe...

Nevermind.... find the model.ini trick!!!!

john99vette
Senior Airman

Post by john99vette »

Hi When I download the new update Norton says it's corrupted. Do I need to turn all of that off?

Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Post by Alfredson007 »

Wow the flaring is much better now with full flaps... first landing with this patch and i really nailed it. Cool.

Must admit that cold shivers went thru my back when i read about more sensitive brakes; my realair duke has so sensitive brakes i just cannot use them at all, but gladly my worries seemed to be needless, the brakes seem nice and very controllabe. (the throttle still is a tad too sensitive at lower end, but not much).

Great job, thanks

Drizzle
Airman

Post by Drizzle »

What a terrific tool this is! Good job guys!!

I have an "Uh-oh!" issue to request help with.... While I thought I had saved a backup for the current .CFG file on my Cherokee, I apparently neglected to do so. (I did for the C172 and the Cub -- but not for the Cherokee.) :oops:

As you begin this update, a dialogue box comes up saying "If a newer version of your aircraft.cfg is available, your existing file will be backed up and can be found in the A2A folder inside your Lockheed Martin P3D directory." But alas! While there are two old aircraft.cfg files located there (including an old backup), neither of them is the .cfg file I'd recently been using! I've made quite a few tweaks to that file during the past few weeks, and it will take considerable time and effort to reinvent those tweaks... I sure would love to recover what was moments ago my CURRENT aircraft.cfg file.

The directory path I followed to the 'old' .cfg files was: D: > Lockheed Martin > Prepar3d v2 > A2A > Cherokee180 > BACKUP

I've searched my entire computer for "A2A" ".cfg" "PA28" "Cherokee" etc, and cannot find what I'm looking for... Is there something silly-obvious I'm missing???

Thanks in advance!
Drizzle
Ryzen 7800X3D|Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX MoBo|32GB DDR5 6000MHz|MSI RTX 4090|Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2SSD|Reverb G2|Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo|MFG Crosswinds pedals|VKB Mark III Gunfighter flight-stick, only flying MSFS now

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

Drizzle wrote:What a terrific tool this is! Good job guys!!

I have an "Uh-oh!" issue to request help with.... While I thought I had saved a backup for the current .CFG file on my Cherokee, I apparently neglected to do so. (I did for the C172 and the Cub -- but not for the Cherokee.) :oops:

As you begin this update, a dialogue box comes up saying "If a newer version of your aircraft.cfg is available, your existing file will be backed up and can be found in the A2A folder inside your Lockheed Martin P3D directory." But alas! While there are two old aircraft.cfg files located there (including an old backup), neither of them is the .cfg file I'd recently been using! I've made quite a few tweaks to that file during the past few weeks, and it will take considerable time and effort to reinvent those tweaks... I sure would love to recover what was moments ago my CURRENT aircraft.cfg file.

The directory path I followed to the 'old' .cfg files was: D: > Lockheed Martin > Prepar3d v2 > A2A > Cherokee180 > BACKUP

I've searched my entire computer for "A2A" ".cfg" "PA28" "Cherokee" etc, and cannot find what I'm looking for... Is there something silly-obvious I'm missing???

Thanks in advance!

Drizzle

It should be in your main FSX/P3D folder/A2A/Cherokee180/backup/aircraft.cfg

If not there, no idea where it may be.

EDIT: Just re-read your post and see that you have already looked in the correct folder. Sorry for not looking closer the first time :oops:
Last edited by Mazo on 26 Sep 2014, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Dooga
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dooga »

Just test flew the Spitfire; no issues and my smoothest landing in that bird, ever.

One question: on shutdown, when the engine began to stutter I pulled the cutout ring as usual, and the thing turned over and over a looong time before finally coming to a standstill. Was that a freak occurrence (have to try it again next flying session) or were there changes to the internal engine friction or something like that?

mevans
Airman First Class

Post by mevans »

How do I get the 'chrome spinner' & 'emblem' models ?

Some mention of the model.ini trick above?!!!!

Mike

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

mevans wrote:How do I get the 'chrome spinner' & 'emblem' models ?

Some mention of the model.ini trick above?!!!!

Mike
Hey Mike, look in the texture folders that have either the emblems or chrome spinners and you will find a model.ini (similar to a .cfg) in which if you open with notepad...1=on and 0=off....you will see settings for prop and emblems....make sure that is in any future textures for emblems or chrome spinners

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

Marvis wrote:Could it be that some of the extras models disappear??? I can't find "model=emblem" and "model=chrome_spinner"... I'll try a reinstall and keep this model folders at safe...

Could you point me to this? I copied the backup paints from my old config but only some are showing. I think this is the issue

EDIT: I see the post above and the ini file in another folder. But how do I get a paint to show up that has the chrome_spinner?

mevans
Airman First Class

Post by mevans »

Thanks for your very quick reply and informative answer.
Working ok now after deleting chrome spinner and emblem from aircraft.cfg and adding model.ini to relevant texture folders.

Thanks again

Mike

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

ryanbatc wrote:
Marvis wrote:Could it be that some of the extras models disappear??? I can't find "model=emblem" and "model=chrome_spinner"... I'll try a reinstall and keep this model folders at safe...

Could you point me to this? I copied the backup paints from my old config but only some are showing. I think this is the issue

EDIT: I see the post above and the ini file in another folder. But how do I get a paint to show up that has the chrome_spinner?

Copy the ini file that initiates the chrome spinner model into the paint folder that has a chrome spinner. So instead of the .cfg saying model=spinner, you will call the spinner model with the ini file in the texture folder if that makes sense.

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

Very cool to see the warbirds still getting a little love now and then! The updater said my P-51 and C172 were already up-to-date and it's only downloading a file for the Cherokee. (Last core update I ran before this was the 7/16). Are the changes to the warbirds part of a single core update rather than specific to each bird?

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

EnDSchultz wrote:Very cool to see the warbirds still getting a little love now and then! The updater said my P-51 and C172 were already up-to-date and it's only downloading a file for the Cherokee. (Last core update I ran before this was the 7/16). Are the changes to the warbirds part of a single core update rather than specific to each bird?
Same question for the warbirds and the Cessna. Thank you for this update.
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

There are two types of data to update:
1. Specific aircraft code
2. Shared aircraft code

The Cherokee had some specific aircraft code in this update, while the rest was shared. Look at the first post in this thread for a list of all the changes.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”