Re: A2A (Accu-Sim) Update (OLD COMMENTS)

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
alehead
Staff Sergeant

Re: A2A (Accu-Sim) Update 09/28/2014 - DOWNLOAD

Post by alehead »

Dooga, thanks for the posts... I had exactly the same issue, which I corrected by using the standalone...

It seems that the updater has not done the work on the Spitfire for some of us. Now, what may it be that causes this problem of the updater not updating...

The engine continued to fire, even when pulling the engine low rpm cutout switch, until the fuel lines were completely exhausted (I always shut off the cocks from the upper and lower tanks while taxiing in)

Oh, Lewis, this was using the latest installer... I only downloaded it today for the first time, so it must be the latest...

A
Andrew
i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz (Der8auer delidded) on air (NH-D15), ASUS MAXIMUS X Hero, 16Gb RAM
EVGA GTX1070Ti, Win10Pro on Samsung M2 500Gb SSD, P3D V4 on 850 EVO 1Tb
Accusim (P3D): T6/Comanche/Cherokee/Spitfire/P51D Mustang (Civ)/V-Tail Bonanza

Ray Mengel
Airman First Class

Post by Ray Mengel »

I just downloaded the new core update today. Everything ran fine until updating the Cherokee 180. Below is what happened

--A check mark by "Downloading Update"
-- Extracting Files
--"Closing process": It is at this time a placard appears that states the following-- "The following processes need to be closed before updating can continue. Select a process and click."
The highlighted process is A2A Update (09/28/2014) installation (A2A_Update_09_28_14.exe)
--I mouse clicked on "Close Process" and nothing happens. On the WyUpdate placard all I get is the little Wn7 "blue spinning wheel" but nothing happens to allow me to continue with the Cherokee update. I let it run for nearly two hours with no change (the little blue spinning wheel still spinning like something is hung up?) , so I just had to cancel out the update for the Cherokee. Installer ran through and searched for the other A2A aircraft on my computer successfully.
--I am running FSX

Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated--thanks!

Ray Mengel
Spokane Valley, WA

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

was there a message box hidden behind the installer, this sometimes happens with windows as its part of the software. Please check a message box has not become hidden behind the main window.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Ray Mengel
Airman First Class

Post by Ray Mengel »

Hi Lewis,

I went ahead and ran the Accu-Sim update program again, with the same results. The installer runs as programmed but it gets "hung-up" at the Cherokee 180.

I cannot get passed the "Closed Processess" whether I mouse click on either "Processess" tab. At this point the "Copying File" box blue bar is at 53%

When I click on "Cancel Update" then the installer runs through the rest of its programmed installation fine.

I moved around the boxes present on the screen and there were no error placards or anything else out of the ordinary showing--no weird noises noting something went wrong. It just seems like for some reason the installation process gets "hung-up" at the Cherokee 180.

Thanks,

Ray Mengel
Spokane Valley, WA

MM
Airman

Post by MM »

Hi Scott and Lewis,

Here is a question about the new AccuSim updater software.

The situation is that I had "parked" a couple of the A2A aircraft (P-47 and B-17) in another folder away from the FSX/Simobjects/Airplanes folder. (This done to speed up loading by avoiding having not-currently-used aircraft there.)

When I ran the updater, it says that these aircraft are installed. And copied a couple of files into new folders for the P-47 and B-17.

I then tried re-installing the B-17 and its AccuSim in order to re-run the AccuSim updater. The updater reported that the B-17 was already updated.

Might you give us some advice about how to run the updater for aircraft that we have moved away from the FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes folder but have not uninstalled? At the moment, simply re-installing does not seem to do the job. (Should we uninstall and then reinstall?) It would be helpful to understand how the updater works.

And might I respectfully request that you have some instructions about how the AccuSim Updater works and the sorts of preparations that your clients might conduct before running the Updater?

The automaticity here is slightly problematic because it assumes that everyone has the same situation. You just know that some of us are just going to be screwy. :roll:

Thanks,
Mike MacKuen

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Mike,

To be Honest we don't really support the movement of files like that. You will want to uninstall the aircraft and manually delete anything left over. You should never just move aircraft like you have as they are technically still somewhat loaded if all your moving is the simobjects folder.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

A2A Updater is extremely slow right now, like 5-30k/sec slow (I'm on a 15 meg connection)

edit: Working normally now.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

I'm getting around 100 kb/s now... :-S
Will take forever and a day to update my P3D Cherokee...
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

MM
Airman

Post by MM »

Lewis (above),

Thanks for the instructions. Uninstall, reinstall, and update. Fine. Will do.

Mike

Amundsen
Airman

Post by Amundsen »

Hello!

The CHEROKEE fix list contains the correction of "13" to "12" on the ADF card.

But no changes on my ADF card after installing the update twice.

What is going on with my ADF?
Greetings from EDSL

P3D V4.5
WIN10
nVidia GTX 1070
C182

pilot37
Senior Airman

Post by pilot37 »

Could someone remind me how I recover my repaints after the update or do I have to redo the aircraft cfgs?

Great Ozzie
A2A Test Pilot

Post by Great Ozzie »

Amundsen wrote:But no changes on my ADF card after installing the update twice.

What is going on with my ADF?
Yes, the update should have corrected the card. If still not updated, I would open up a thread in the Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support forum.
pilot37 wrote:Could someone remind me how I recover my repaints after the update or do I have to redo the aircraft cfgs?
There should be a backup of the aircraft.cfg(s) in the Drive:\FSX\A2A\(airplane) folder. Just a matter of copying that section from the aircraft.cfg (of repaints you added) and pasting in the new aircraft.cfg.
Rob Osborne
Flight Instructor - CFI, CFII, MEI, MEII
A & P Mechanic

FAASTeam - Safer Skies Through Education
Professionalism in aviation is the pursuit of excellence through discipline, ethical behavior and continuous improvement. NBAA

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

What's an ADF? :?
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

pilot37
Senior Airman

Post by pilot37 »

pilot37 wrote:Could someone remind me how I recover my repaints after the update or do I have to redo the aircraft cfgs?
There should be a backup of the aircraft.cfg(s) in the Drive:\FSX\A2A\(airplane) folder. Just a matter of copying that section from the aircraft.cfg (of repaints you added) and pasting in the new aircraft.cfg.[/quote]

That's what I thought, it works for the Cherokee but the C172 file is an original and not a backup of all my repaints so the system has not worked. Easy to do it manually I guess.

bitchinbetty
Airman

Post by bitchinbetty »

I receive the following error during download and install on the "wyUpdate" window.

Access to the path 'F:\System Volume Information' is denied.

Any assistance with this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”