Re: A2A (Accu-Sim) Update (OLD COMMENTS)

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Wills
Airman

Re: Accu-Sim Update 04_15_2015 - DOWNLOAD

Post by Wills »

I'm getting strange errors with this update. Updater tells me I don't have a native P3D v2.0 172 or Cherokee installed (when I do). 182 Updates fine.

Screenshot: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B012s ... authuser=0

Marcus_02
Airman

Post by Marcus_02 »

All is well here now.

Suddenly it runs well and now it's done and the update process is completed.
Looks great, now looking forward for the next flight tomorrow :)

Best greetings from the very north of germany
Marcus

Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mig_Driver »

TreeTop64 I had the same exact problems with a previous version and this one as well. I have FSX on a separate hard drive, and tried saving the file there and extracting it there.

How I got it to work was just keeping the A2A file in the downloads folder on C: where it arrives initially, then extracting and running the program as administrator. I have UAC completely turned off, but for some reason this method still works anyway. Run it from the C: drive in the downloads folder. Also, I'm not sure if it's coincidental or not, but turn off all antivirus software. Not sure if one fix helps or the other, but by applying them all I got it to work despite the same errors. Windows idiosyncracies for ya.
ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Wills wrote:I'm getting strange errors with this update. Updater tells me I don't have a native P3D v2.0 172 or Cherokee installed (when I do). 182 Updates fine.

Screenshot: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B012s ... authuser=0
Hello,

which C172 and Cherokee products/licenses are you running? If you purchased from the A2A Store do you have your order numbers?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

boozybaz
Airman

Post by boozybaz »

Treetop64 wrote:The updater gets "stuck" on the C182.

The updater is started and cycles through all the installed aircraft. Once the C182 is found it downloads the updates for it. Then it begins installing the updates, but it notifies that the updater must be closed to continue. I click [Close Process], but nothing happens.

Progress stops at 56%:
Copying file:
C:\Game Files\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\client.wyc

I must cancel and close the entire updater process - including the Close Process notification - to continue using the system. The C182 is thus not updated.

This has been tried multiple times to no avail.

EDIT: Tried going into the Processes tab in the Windows Task Manger to manually close the "A2A_Update_04_15_15.EXE" process when this stoppage occurs. After closing the .exe, the C182 update installation continues, notifies that the C182's update is complete, then terminates. I re-ran the updater to verify that it was indeed updated, but when the C182 is found the entire process is repeated - the update is downloaded and installed again (as opposed to being shown as already updated like the other A2A products installed), and the stoppage occurs again. The same Task Manager work-around is used again, with exactly the same results.

Can I safely assume that the C182 has been proper updated at this point?

Thanks. :)
Hi people

I'm getting the same then manually cancelling as above for the 172, but it does not continue to update the 182 or cherokee and just ends???? what should i do?
Cheers
Bal
Image Image Image

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Guys,

are you only running one instance of the updater?

Are you downloading the latest updater or trying to use a previous version?

Are you extracting as MigDriver suggests?

thanks,
Lewis

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

Thanks for the update, especially the GTN Cherokee integration 8)

boozybaz
Airman

Post by boozybaz »

Right followed,
MigDrivers way of doing it that seems to have done the trick, but thats a first for me never had that with previous updates strange ? Thanks MigDriver & Lewis

Bal
Image Image Image

hangar
Airman First Class

Post by hangar »

after updating today my cherokee will not show the gtn750, just a blank space for it in the vc is all I get. My 182 however has the GTN showing ok.

Treetop64
Airman First Class

Post by Treetop64 »

Mig_Driver wrote:TreeTop64 I had the same exact problems with a previous version and this one as well. I have FSX on a separate hard drive, and tried saving the file there and extracting it there.

How I got it to work was just keeping the A2A file in the downloads folder on C: where it arrives initially, then extracting and running the program as administrator. I have UAC completely turned off, but for some reason this method still works anyway. Run it from the C: drive in the downloads folder. Also, I'm not sure if it's coincidental or not, but turn off all antivirus software. Not sure if one fix helps or the other, but by applying them all I got it to work despite the same errors. Windows idiosyncracies for ya.
Just running the installer from a different drive than where FSX is installed did the trick. Initially, I extracted the installer to the same drive that FSX was installed. Simply extracting to a different drive seems to have unconfused the issue.

Thanks.
ImageImageImage

mjrhealth
Airman

Post by mjrhealth »

Me two nights in a row, 46kb yes that not much better than dial up, occasioanly goes to 200kb. Could you please add a muticonnecton downloader to the app. Id be almost better downloading all the updates my self. But it has its good points when it works. And no its not my connetion everything else works fine.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

hangar wrote:after updating today my cherokee will not show the gtn750, just a blank space for it in the vc is all I get. My 182 however has the GTN showing ok.
Hello Hanger,

can I please ask you post in the Cherokee tech support area so we can help.

thanks,
Lewis

specialksl
Airman

Post by specialksl »

I downloaded the update and I get an error message "Aircraft Initialization failure C172R OSPREY"

This is an aircraft that was repainted for my CAP squadron. What can I do to fix it?

Karl

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

specialksl wrote:I downloaded the update and I get an error message "Aircraft Initialization failure C172R OSPREY". This is an aircraft that was repainted for my CAP squadron. What can I do to fix it?
Karl - when you installed the repaint, you'll have copied an additional section of text into the aircraft.cfg file. You'll need to re-add that section as the update will have overwritten your existing aircraft.cfg file. (there should be a backup of your old aircraft.cfg file in the "...FSX\A2A\Cessna172\BACKUP" folder so you could re-copy the text section from there if necessary.)

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

oh... got this after landing and taxiing on a grass runway in the Cherokee after update 04_15_2015 :roll:
Restarted PC after installation, if this was your next question :wink:

Code: Select all

Problemsignatur:
  Problemereignisname:	APPCRASH
  Anwendungsname:	fsx.exe
  Anwendungsversion:	10.0.61637.0
  Anwendungszeitstempel:	46fadb14
  Fehlermodulname:	A2A_Accusim.DLL
  Fehlermodulversion:	1.0.0.0
  Fehlermodulzeitstempel:	5506cc62
  Ausnahmecode:	c0000005
  Ausnahmeoffset:	000331ae