Re: A2A (Accu-Sim) Update (OLD COMMENTS)

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
MZee1960
Airman First Class

Re: Accu-Sim Update 4_16_16 DOWNLOAD

Post by MZee1960 »

Thanks, Scott !

I found the backup config (good to know for future), as I'd hate to have to reload all the repaints. I have everything backed up on an external hard drive anyway - just in case.

The Mustang is a very 'hands on' aircraft, and I wouldn't have it any other way,
.......... but the autopilot comes in handy during longer flights, whenever a trip to and from the fridge is required - LOL ! :D
Cheers,
MZee.

A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. A 'great' landing is one after which they can use the airplane again.

AnkH
Airman

Post by AnkH »

Honestly, I do not know what exactly you did for the last update, but hats off, this is a game changer for me. So far, I only flew with the C172, but for me, this update improved the immersion of this plane beyond expectations. Flying around with the C172 in Prepar3d v3.2 was so far more or less boring, I always wondered why there is so little feedback from the surrounding weather etc. Now, after the installation of the last update, I can basically FEEL that I am flying around with a small plane. Never experienced the shivering of the whole airframe when throttling up, now I do. Never had bigger influence of winds etc. besides some small movements, now I think I am really up in the air. I will now go on and see if I observe similar changes for the Cherokee and the Comanche, I hope so. All I can say: thank you for this update.

PS: as I am a curious guy, I really wonder if there was something wrong with my A2A installations before the update. At least regarding the patch notes, I was not expecting such a change.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

That does sound like something was amiss with your installation.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Accu-Sim Update 5_1_16 DOWNLOAD

Post by Scott - A2A »

Updated 5/1 16 with some new P-51 updates and fixes
A2A Simulations Inc.

Captain744
Senior Airman

Post by Captain744 »

Scott any chance we can get left, right mouse button function for mags for the Cherokee please?

-Lee

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

If there is a cherokee update to be done in the future, we can think about adding that at that point.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Captain744.
I found the pipers where easy for mag checks already with l/r mouse clicks , its the cessnas where i used to grab the key and gently pulling it around for mag checks, untill i realised why not use my saitek sw panel .
regards alan. 8)

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Scott - A2A wrote:Updated 5/1 16 with some new P-51 updates and fixes
Thanks Scott and team. I enjoy the updates and glad to see them coming. And this time there is no need to re-work the squad paints and custom panels to work with the latest treats from you guys, BONUS!

Thanks again
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Thank you guys for the hard work supporting (and improving) releases that are now several years old. 8)

Rudyjo
Senior Airman

Post by Rudyjo »

Sorry if I missed this somewhere.
Has the missing start up smoke in the T-6 Texan been addressed in one of the updates?

jcomm
Senior Airman

Post by jcomm »

I had been away from using FSX for a while, and when last week I downloaded and applied this latest patch and went flying my p51d civil, military, as well as the cessnas and the 250, but particularly the p51s, I noticed something had changed, for the better, in terms of prop effects and pitch stability.

Either it's me seeing things, or it has been there since many updates before and I didn't notice, or was ever there and that's even more strange :-O

Well, prop effects overall in MSFS are tame and fade away as you pass clean stall speed, but A2A has always tried to do some magic to their aircraft and bring some more plausible feel to their fleet. My im pression was that it wasn't still enough, but after "flying" the p51d with this latest patch I was very positively surprised by how much it yaws and required much more trim work for power adjustments than I recall from my past experience.

Another area where I noticed some difference was in pitch stability. Due to it's pitch satbility characteristics, namely, as so well defined by Murmur:

Quote from a post by Murmur at the AVSIM Forums:
"[...]pitch stability decreases with the increase in lift coefficient (and hence AoA), becoming lower at higher AoA's and higher at lower AoA's.

So, what happens is that when you pitch up _in a certain AoA range_, you're going through the shallower part of the pitch stability curve, while when you pitch down, you're going through the steeper part of the curve[...]"

is that indeed I now have this kind of feedback from my inputs when satrting from trimmed "stable" flight conditions, with differences being evident as we fill the fuselage tank.

Honestly these were two areas where I though there was something not so good in A2A's p51d in the past, and I believe I now see a plausible behavior, having proper "ball" displacement for power adjustments at a wider range of speeds and AoAs, and also regarding static and dynamic pitch stability. Maybe it has always been there, and my tests weren't carefuly conducted, maybe it's really something that changed, for better, with the latest version(s) of Accusim ?
Use your flight simulators with a well defined purpose...

Don't expect them to be "perfect" or to fully cover all aspects of simulated flight...

Try to enjoy it instead of stressing... ( in few words - don't be like me ... )

wallydog
Senior Airman

Post by wallydog »

Thanks for the update and the continual improvement of these warbirds. I love that I'm still learning new things and the P-51 continues to be a challenge after all these years.

I noticed that the fix for the Kollsman window dial with UV light made it into the Civ version of the mustang but not the Military. Will we see a fix for the mlitary version as well?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Accu-Sim Update 5_9_16 DOWNLOAD

Post by Scott - A2A »

T-6 updated
5/9/16
A2A Simulations Inc.

CaptCorndog
Airman

Post by CaptCorndog »

Hello, I have tried installing the new Accu-sim Update 5_9_16 and I keep getting the same message when it get to the T-6, It says An error has occurred, The update has fail to install, Data error (cyclic redundancy check) Im running FSX SE on Windows 10 and have run CCcleaner, rebooted and no luck so far.

ebo
Master Sergeant

Post by ebo »

That sounds like a corrupted download to me. Have you tried to download it again? If you haven't I suggest use a download anager.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”