Re: A2A (Accu-Sim) Update (OLD COMMENTS)

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
BamaKevin
Airman

Re: Accu-Sim Update 09_15_15 DOWNLOAD

Post by BamaKevin »

Lewis I have formatted my drive and reinstalled P3D in P:/PrePar3Dv2.5/. Will this hopefully solve the problem? I downloaded the installer on the 1st page of this thread is that what you mean?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, give that a go to see how you get on, but using that drive like that might be an issue with our updater.

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

BamaKevin
Airman

Post by BamaKevin »

Do you mean installing P3D outside of C:?

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

No it can be outside of C:. Others who have installed the simulator directly to the root of a drive have experienced this problem in the past. This creates other risks since the files could be more easily overwritten by other programs or applications with common filenames or folder names. It is much safer to install the simulation to its own path.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

BamaKevin
Airman

Post by BamaKevin »

Ok thank you for clearing that up. I could not figure out why the updater would not work after I had done a reinstall cause it worked fine prior to this which I had installed on P: . Got in too much of a hurry and did this install on P:/ instead of P:/PrePard3D/

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

Lewis ... I have an odd one ...

Running the 09_15_15 updates, it steps through all my aircraft (and updates them fine) - including, apparently, the C182 Skylane. But then I get this:

... and the updater carries on (without further errors).

Adam.

EDIT: Sorry - forgot to add that this was from a freshly re-downloaded p3Dv2 Skylane Academic from SimMarket.
--
Image--Image

pegase
Airman

Post by pegase »

Hello with all,

This last update is ok for me on fsx 8)
Large a Thank you with all a2a team for her follow-up of the automatques updates of all its products by accusim.
I know very few étiteurs who practice this policy of service after sale for their aircraft and that deserves to be raised.
Cheer and thank you still!

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Am I the only one who have the airspeed indicator redline in the Cherokee at 171mph instead of 181mph? Maybe only a typo?

Also, the 182 lost it's turn-coordinator-ball after the update...
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

Erik,

the "official" Vne of the Cherokee 180 is 171 MPH - that's at least what I see in one of my Cherokee Manuals and on page 61 of our A2A Cherokee manual. The turn-coordinator ball in the C182 is working as designed in both my FS and the P3D installations.
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

171 is the correct VNE for the Cherokee.

Also, I have a proper ball on our 182 here on our test machine. Maybe try removing and re-installing the 182?

Scott.

EDIT: Looks like Osk beat me to the punch :)
A2A Simulations Inc.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah, the little typo with the VNE redline on the first page of this topic had me wondering too for a bit. :wink:

With respect to the turn-coordinator ball Erik, do you mean yours has disappeared altogether, or that it's 'frozen'? The usual reason for the latter is having 'auto-rudder' ticked in the realism settings, though you probably know this.

One thing I have noticed recently, is that though lots of rudder is required to counter engine torque (and the other left-turning tendencies) on climb-out, very little is needed to keep the ball centred whilst instigating turns (a standard rate turn anyway). In fact, so much so, that I actually find myself still applying right rudder when making a left turn onto the crosswind leg of a standard traffic pattern if I want to keep the ball centred. This may be entirely accurate with a high-power climb out: it's just an observation really. There's a further topic on this here which may be of interest.

In short, the rudder/ball relationship now seems to be much more about countering engine and propeller effects; not so much for coordinating turns.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

BamaKevin
Airman

Post by BamaKevin »

Ok Lewis that was the problem. It was my install path. Thanks for everyone's help.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Adam_NZ wrote:Lewis ... I have an odd one ...

Running the 09_15_15 updates, it steps through all my aircraft (and updates them fine) - including, apparently, the C182 Skylane. But then I get this:

Adam,
Try re-downloading the 9/15/15 update again and run it, and let us know if this works for you.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

Scott - A2A wrote:
Adam_NZ wrote:Lewis ... I have an odd one ...

Adam,
Try re-downloading the 9/15/15 update again and run it, and let us know if this works for you.

Scott.
Thanks, Scott. Re-grabbed it from the link in #1 in this topic.

Sadly, the same problem. It steps beautifully through all my A2A aircraft (I think I have the full set now LOL) but I get that pop-up before and after the Skylane update/section.

I'm using the updater P3Dv2 option and it's finding myP3D root folder OK. I've tried uninstalling/re-installing the C182 but I get the same error. Very odd!

Adam.

UPDATE: I uninstalled the 182. Checked all directories gone, then ran a couple of registry cleaners. Rebooted, re-installed the 182 and ran the updater. Same error. This is Win7x64 with full admin rights and P2Dv2 sitting on F:\Prepar3Dv2

Am I the only one with this problem?
--
Image--Image

FHS
Airman First Class

Post by FHS »

Adam_NZ wrote:
UPDATE: I uninstalled the 182. Checked all directories gone, then ran a couple of registry cleaners. Rebooted, re-installed the 182 and ran the updater. Same error. This is Win7x64 with full admin rights and P2Dv2 sitting on F:\Prepar3Dv2

Am I the only one with this problem?
I have the same in P3D v2.4 using the latest installer. Using the previous one (A2A_Update_06_28_15) I did not have the error. As I saw there was updates for the planes, I didn't download the current one (A2A_Update_09_15_15) but just used the previous one. Everything installed like a charm.

Browsing through the thread here, Lewis saying we should use the latest package made me download it and running the installer again, just to be sure. It seem sall planes were updated, in FSX as well as in P3D, but the C182 in P3D gave me the error you encountered. As the latest package didn't add anything with the other planes, I assume that even the C182 in P3D is propperly updated as well.

Best,
Florian

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”