Re: A2A (Accu-Sim) Update (OLD COMMENTS)

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Re: Accu-Sim Update 5_9_16 DOWNLOAD

Post by Welsch »

The update linked here on the forum is always the newest version and contains all previous updates.

All A2A aircraft installers never get updated and will always install v1.0 of an aircraft, irrespective of when it was purchased or downloaded. So it is highly recommended to always (re)install the latest update after installing a new aircraft, so you can profit from all the bug fixes and added features.

Regarding FS Recorder - I am not sure if the updates have any impact on it, but given that without it you run just the 1.0 version of the aircraft, I would still strongly recommend installing it.
Since a lot of stuff, including the engine , runs outside of the flight simulator itself with Accusim planes, recorders generally may have a hard time faithfully recording all necessary flight parameters.

NL451MG
Senior Airman

Post by NL451MG »

I'm getting a heuristic virus alert from this download. You guys may want to check it. I can't install anything with it.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

What virus scanner are you using?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

NL451MG
Senior Airman

Post by NL451MG »

Norton

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

I think I could have guessed that.

I have checked the file with avast premier and malwarebytes and it is clean.Get a real anti virus program.

Cheers Chris

NL451MG
Senior Airman

Post by NL451MG »

I've never had problems with it until this morning. I'm reinstalling the Mustang, so I was reinstalling the update. Redownloaded it today, and its giving me alerts

NL451MG
Senior Airman

Post by NL451MG »

I should also add in that its when p51.dll file tries to install is when I get the alert.

DC3
Technical Sergeant

Post by DC3 »

I see you have the Norton Antivirus Virus.... :mrgreen:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ahh yes the re-known false positive strikes again with Norton. Unfortunately whilst some aspects of Norton have improved over the years, its still regulary lower end of the test results when put up against its competitors. I can confirm the updater hasn't been changed since it was posted 5_9_16 and is clean.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I had norton anti virus , on one of my earlier pc`s best thing i ever did was to ditch it and i have used AVAST free version ever since , norton when i deleted it screwed up my programs by deleteing all the licences on them and i ended up reinstalling all my payware products i had .
it slows the pc down allows viruses onto the pc before telling you , that you have a virus , with avast viruses get stopped BEFORE they get on the pc , it even shuts down any false websites that can infect your pc , and lets you know its a dodgy site or a clone site.
regards alan. 8)

RMM
Airman First Class

Post by RMM »

I am new here. Just installed the C172 Trainer. When P3D did not see the aircraft, I knew something was amiss.
So..off I went to spend a few hours in research mode.
I found out about SimConnect and installed three versions per SteveW on AVSIM.
I found out about Accu-Sim Updates and installed one dated 5/01/16. The update failed to find the Accu-Sim C172. The update wanted to know about my P3D installation, but did not ask about the C172 installation.

My C172 installation is in a unique folder and is "outside" my P3D installation folder. Maybe that is my mistake.

I need some guidance how to get this done correctly. I can uninstall the C172.
Then what next?

-1-
Where do I reinstall the C172?

-2-
Do I then have to reinstall the Simconnect files?

-3-
Will I be notified of future Accu-Sim updates?

-4-
Which ones do I have to install now?

Thanks for any assistance.
RMM - Guam

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hey RMM,

And welcome to the community.

Yes you should uninstall the C172 from where it's at now.

When this is done run the installer (as administrator). It should find your P3D installation automatically. Do not change the folder it wants to install the C172 into manually! (Did you maybe do that before your last install?). It should be installing into your P3D root folder.

You should be fine with the simconnect but I'm not sure on this one.

Lastly you should run the latest updater which can be found at the top of this thread. That's the only update you'll need to run. It is a comprehensive installer that detects your installation and automatically brings you up to date. You won't be notified of updates other than here on the forums. The updates where always posted at the top of this thread in the past and my guess is that Scott will keep it that way.

Hope this helps
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

RMM
Airman First Class

Post by RMM »

Hello Piper..
Thanks. Should be straightforward. I installed into the root P3D installation folder. Everything looks right.
BUT.. P3D does not list the C172. So again the Update also fails to find the Accu-Sim trainer.

The PC I built is a dedicated Flight Sim desktop. I install all software into their own subfolders. That should not matter.
P3D runs fine and I am sorting out some other problems with my IrisDynamics FFB Yoke.

The A2A installation appears correct. But is not seen in P3D. Got to be missing something simple here.

Tried to upload an attachment to show my directories. But got a message.."Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." Not sure what is up with that.
In my folder.. "Prepar3d InstallationSimObjects"..inside "Airplanes"..inside "A2A_C172.. are all the C172 files as expected.

Thoughts?
RMM

RMM
Airman First Class

Post by RMM »

Please pick up this thread in the C172 Trainer Tech Support .
I want to close this thread as it is not relevant to this subject line.
thanks
RMM

Please go here:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 94#p432588

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

Quick thoughts on this sticky Accu-Sim update thread which I have been meaning to post for a while:

1) Is there any way A2A could set up a mailing list to announce Accu-Sim updates? Or (subject to user preferences) send notification to all store account holders? It seems the only way to learn of Accu-Sim updates is to visit the forum, so there are potentially a lot of users who may not be aware of updates. An alternative idea could be an automatic update check built into the Accu-Sim modules, so a notice appears on the "Pilot's notes" page or similar? But I can see that being more difficult to implement as some people have their sim on an offline PC, plus some may not like the idea of an add-on module 'phoning home' every time the sim is launched.

2) Could the date in this topic's subject line be standardised to a more universally understood format, such as YYYY-MM-DD? Or even a hybrid such as 05-NOV-2016 where the day and month cannot be mixed up? I believe the current format is in the American style of MM-DD-YY format, which is generally confusing for many outside the US as it doesn't go from largest to smallest (or smallest to largest) units of time. For infrequent visitors, I would say it's not clear if the last update was 5th September or 9th May, unless you open and read the thread... and even then the first dates written by Scott in post #1 are "5/1/2016 - 5/9/2016", which could cover a period of 8 days, or 8 months depending on interpretation!

Many thanks for your consideration :)

Martyn

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”