A2A Simulations - Oshkosh 2014

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
thomas_mac
Senior Airman

Re: A2A Simulations - Oshkosh 2014

Post by thomas_mac »

Fingers crossed for a warbird announcement this week!

KloudKruiser
Airman First Class

Post by KloudKruiser »

Corporal Cop wrote:Went back to the A2A booth today and was very excited to hear from Scott that they plan on releasing 3 General Aviation planes a year! I will be watching the forum more closely when the next one is announced. I also had my picture taken with Scott and Lewis. Great guys. I bought a Saitek TPM throttle to go with my Cessna yoke and rudder pedals. The throttle was on sale for the show and I couldn't pass up the chance to have one at a discount. I'm going back on the field soon to take pictures of Scott's Piper Comanche. The weather here is perfect!
Good move on the TPM. I've had mine 2 years now with nary a hitch. Post some of your pics if you get a chance :)

Corporal Cop
Airman

Post by Corporal Cop »

I tried to attach a photo from Airventure, but "the board attachment quota has been reached"was the error message. :cry:

Great Ozzie
A2A Test Pilot

Post by Great Ozzie »

Corporal Cop wrote:I tried to attach a photo from Airventure, but "the board attachment quota has been reached"was the error message. :cry:
You need to use an image hosting site like Photobucket etc... and then post the link.

Hth's
Rob Osborne
Flight Instructor - CFI, CFII, MEI, MEII
A & P Mechanic

FAASTeam - Safer Skies Through Education
Professionalism in aviation is the pursuit of excellence through discipline, ethical behavior and continuous improvement. NBAA

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Corporal Cop wrote:Went back to the A2A booth today and was very excited to hear from Scott that they plan on releasing 3 General Aviation planes a year!
I think there was a misunderstanding, or maybe I said that wrong. We have two single engine Accu-Sim pipelines at the moment: a Warbird and a GA. Ideally we would like to see three Accu-Sim planes per year (mix of GA and Warbird), but that is a tall order. However, this is what we strive for.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey guys sorry for the delay, we have had a highly successful time at the booth and super busy. Here's some shots of the opening days;

First up some of the aircraft, there are just so many here I'm totally in awe. Photos and Video just don't do it justice. Literally thousands all lined up, everywhere!

A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Capt Jake finally reunited with his special Oshkosh Bacon. And after trying it myself I can also agree that coming to Oshkosh for the Bacon from the hanger Cafe is reason enough to fly from England!

A few more of the beautiful aircraft that literally not dotted but totally carpet bombed the entire site from end to end;

The stunning Vega!

The beautiful Bonanza;

thanks,
Lewis

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The day before we opened the booth and we already had some fans come and say hello. Here's Trev and Jake from MSFlights.net with Scott and Jake.

And a very tired A2A Oskosh team after finishing setting up the booth on Sunday evening. From left ti right we have Jeff, Jake, Lewis and Scott.

Scott decided to give the booth a blast early Monday prior to opening but as with the tent, we build flight sims not vacumn cleaners. So after borrowing the vac from the Saitek guys opposite we Scott proceeded to break the device and casually spread the contents of the vacumn cleaner all over the booth 5mins prior to doors opening,....

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The worlds busiest Tower

A beautiful Aircraft from Epic;

A cool little light sport. Theirs loads of these types here of all shapes, and all look like they are ready to race through the air;

One of the caravan classics, albeit a modern variant;

Outside one of out sponsors tents, in this case Phillips66 is this little beast;

The booth basicly finishes with CH products on one side and Saitek on the other workstation.

Trev from MSFlights becomes the first customer to use one of the workstations when he asks 'what is accu-sim' Suffice to say he quickly found out!

The Saitek sim station ready to rock!

First day and we are immediately pounced on by young group of existing customers who want to come and try out more of our catalog prior to purchasing more. Great to see these guys all together meeting up and then heading over to our booth.

We had a great visitor on the first day too as he came over played dumb and took Lewis hook line and sinker before realizing its Jim owner of Flight1 swinging by the booth to say hello for a bit of industry banter.

Here's Jon and Lewis. Jon's another A2A customer and self confessed forum Lurker (Come on and say hello Jon!). It was Great to meet him and have a a bit of a chat over lunch.

Jake Photobombing a bad selfie of Lewis and Monty from Saitek

Here Lewis mid blink, just good enough of an image to make it look like he's doing some actual sleep instruction on the sim!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Here I am in full model pose with one of our Banners. The Accu-sim C172 Trainer that you guys use is the same software the big boys use on the FAA certified simulators. In this case it was the Redbird and Flying Challenge Cup, and entire competition running for 6 months has its final at Oshkosh tomorrow (weds) and has been using the 172 throughout.

Here I am showing an old cherokee pilot our simulation of the Cherokee which he seemed to really like esp as his experience was in an almost identical aircraft!

After day one we went back to the tent to relax and be able to take the wight of our feet. Scott's managed to be kind enough to recreate the Blitz for my visit by rigging the tent with so many lights its like being part of a search light battery. Oh but it sure does make finding the tent easy!!!

Coporal Cop as mentioned paid us a visit. A really nice guy and a regular customer of ours. Here he is pulling the Gestapo on Scott trying his best to prize some information outta Scott about new projects,

After it looked like Scott was struggling I intervened and naturally demanded MORE PHOTOS!. So heres Scott, Corporal Cop and Lewis,

Day 2 seems to have been the day of meeting people, a very welcome meet and greet sort of day,...

Lewis and Bill another forums member and customer;

A surprise visit from a couple of old MS Flight Simulator programmers, was great to see and chat to these guys about all manner of things

This is TJ and Tony from the B29 restoration 'Doc' who popped by the booth to have a look at what we can offer. Was a pleasure to meet these guys after following the restoration on facebook and what not.

Here Scott shows how to operate the B-17 and all the features to an old Aerospace engineer who was astonished at how well technology had all come along and really gone into it.

A2A Accu-sim Mustang Pilot and B-17 Pilot Drew paid us a visit at the booth to say high and a bit of a try before you buy as he took the Civ Mustang through its paces at the booth today

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

And finally for today a bunch more aircraft!

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

Scott - A2A wrote:
Corporal Cop wrote:Went back to the A2A booth today and was very excited to hear from Scott that they plan on releasing 3 General Aviation planes a year!
I think there was a misunderstanding, or maybe I said that wrong. We have two single engine Accu-Sim pipelines at the moment: a Warbird and a GA. Ideally we would like to see three Accu-Sim planes per year (mix of GA and Warbird), but that is a tall order. However, this is what we strive for.

Scott.
Nice, quality rather than quantity :)
3 GA planes a year would have seemed like quite a lot and its good to read that there's 2 AccuSim planes in the pipeline (although I hope that you miscounted the engines on the Lanc :mrgreen: )

Wahooo, nooo planes.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

Trumper
BDG

Post by Trumper »

:D So you're enjoying yourself then :) I am worn out just reading the thread .Well done.

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

I don't think I'd be able to man a booth at an event like that. I'd be outside strolling round the aircraft all day. Is access to the parking area restricted at all, or can you wander around at will ?

And Lewis, are you still going up in the T-33 ? If you're a bit nervous about it, or prone to air sickness, remember you have my phone number - I can be on the next flight out there to take your place. :wink:

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

It could also be tricky on one of those booths trying to be friendly and professional (and meeting some interesting people with interesting stories) but without giving too much away about future projects.

"So what do you prefer, Cessnas or Pipers?"
"I've always liked a retractable undercarriage, what's your opinion on that?"
"So, jets then......"

Thanks for the pictures. Was I the only one squinting at the first pictures, "What plane is that?? Oh its the 180." :oops:
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”