A2A Simulations - Oshkosh 2014

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Great Ozzie
A2A Test Pilot

Re: A2A Simulations - Oshkosh 2014

Post by Great Ozzie »

Lewis - A2A wrote: And as we try to work out how these new fangled tent technologies work yet more arrivals kept coming in
So Lewis... you just good at callin' "head or tails" - to see who gets the hotel room and who has to rough it in the tent(s)?

Actually... I would hope to try the 'tent by the plane' mode one day. You sure picked a good year to do that, with the forecast being what it is... 70's for highs in July this coming week... very 8)
Rob Osborne
Flight Instructor - CFI, CFII, MEI, MEII
A & P Mechanic

FAASTeam - Safer Skies Through Education
Professionalism in aviation is the pursuit of excellence through discipline, ethical behavior and continuous improvement. NBAA

Rochdale Cowboy
Airman

Post by Rochdale Cowboy »

Lewis - enjoy every minute!

Thanks to you and the A2A team for the posts so far and more pics welcome please all week. You have sparked my interest in EAA, so thought you may be interested to know, that from home in UK I am watching the webcam feed from the EAA website. The war bird camera is just amazing, watching the continuous landings and also those classic war bird airframes parking up in ever greater numbers.

I am also able to listen to the ATC live from the LiveATC app on the tablet - I have been listening (with great admiration for the duty controllers) to r/w27 tower - just amazingly busy for Saturday and Sunday morning arrivals "dark high wing land green dot cleared to land, cherokee orange dot cleared to land..."

Keep the posts and pictures coming - this is an amazing event even when viewed from UK! :P

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

OK Guys, I have been following you. Took off from Hartford and just landed at Fremont to tank the plane and have some rest. Nice airport indeed :)

Corporal Cop
Airman

Post by Corporal Cop »

About an hour ago I went into the exhibit hanger and watched Scott setting up the A2A booth. I didn't say hello, because I was not supposed to be in there in the first place and Scott was very busy. I will introduce myself tomorrow and grab a photo. It looked great with the Saitek booth right across from A2A.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Should have said hello! Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Cheers,
Lewis and the A2A Oshkosh team.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

KloudKruiser
Airman First Class

Post by KloudKruiser »

Great thread so far with some cool pics Lewis. Kinda like looking at family photos even though I never met you guys :D Keep em coming!

Chris Strobel
Irvine, CA
www.flightdeck1.com

Alky
Senior Airman

Post by Alky »

Ron Attwood wrote:Great thread Lewis. Just one thing, put a curve on the peak of that CAP! Damn, I hate straight peaked baseball caps! :D
I agree, it looks so "gang banger!"

Awesome pics!! :)

spacejunkee
Staff Sergeant

Post by spacejunkee »

One of the things top most on my bucket list is to fly into Oskosh one day.

Thanks for the great thread and pics Lewis, looks like it was a good weekend.
PC SPECS: Win 11 PRO | AOC 34" Ultra Wide Curved |
Intel 13700KF CPU | G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 6800 2x16GB 34-45-45-108 |
ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 4070 Ti OC | 2 x Samsung 980 PRO M.2 2TB Gen 4 X4

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

So, has anyone spotted the "new, smaller Warbird" at the A2A booth yet? :D

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Please elaborate on the previous post?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

A few month ago Scott wrote in the SOH Forum that...

"We will also be announcing a new, smaller Warbird in development sometime soon I believe. If everything is in line, perhaps at this year's Air Venture in Oshkosh."

Hopefully A2A hasn't changed their plans and we will get some news this week :D

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Corporal Cop
Airman

Post by Corporal Cop »

I had a great time visiting the A2A booth today and meeting Scott, Lewis and all. The crowds were heavy early and they would have sold a ton of software had they brought CDs. Hopefully next year they will have a few boxes. Later in the day I returned to the booth and test flew the Cherokee, which seemed much easier to fly than the Skyhawk. I talked to Scott about that and his opinions about how the real planes fly was quite interesting. The flight models don't lie. I tried to pry a bit of info out of Scott about the next project, but all I could get is that a GA plane is in the pipeline. Nothing about Warbirds, but I was asking about GA. I hope that if you can't make it to Airventure this year, you will make the trip in 2015. To describe it as awesome is under selling the experience. I'm leaving in Friday and my feet are already barking at me.

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

Just back form Oshkosh myself. Long day. Great meeting Scott and Lewis.
As with every year, A great many aircraft to see.

Corporal Cop
Airman

Post by Corporal Cop »

Went back to the A2A booth today and was very excited to hear from Scott that they plan on releasing 3 General Aviation planes a year! I will be watching the forum more closely when the next one is announced. I also had my picture taken with Scott and Lewis. Great guys. I bought a Saitek TPM throttle to go with my Cessna yoke and rudder pedals. The throttle was on sale for the show and I couldn't pass up the chance to have one at a discount. I'm going back on the field soon to take pictures of Scott's Piper Comanche. The weather here is perfect!

Great Ozzie
A2A Test Pilot

Post by Great Ozzie »

Corporal Cop wrote:Went back to the A2A booth today and was very excited to hear from Scott that they plan on releasing 3 General Aviation planes a year!
Why don't you lure Scott with an offer to buy him dinner at one of the fine local restaurants...

and take him to a pub instead...
Rob Osborne
Flight Instructor - CFI, CFII, MEI, MEII
A & P Mechanic

FAASTeam - Safer Skies Through Education
Professionalism in aviation is the pursuit of excellence through discipline, ethical behavior and continuous improvement. NBAA

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”