How to install A2A Aircraft into FSX Steam release

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: How to install A2A Aircraft into FSX Steam release

Post by Lewis - A2A »

plato83 wrote:just installed the FSX steam, then installed A2A planes like this..... spitfire then accu-sim, P-51 then accu-sim, P-47 then accu-sim, P-40 then accu-sim then installed the latest core update........all was a new install for both FSX steam and A2A planes......when I try to start planes wont start and no sound.....when I go to hanger all is in the red for each plane and cant repair.........have not flown A2A aircraft in over a year so Im sure I may have missed a step......also are all plane downloads from the main site current as far as up updates? just thought Id ask first before I un-install ......any help would be great......thanks....TZ
Hello,

please follow the instructions from the first post in this thread for correct installation into FSX Steam Edition

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

mJacobsenPi wrote:I wanted to be able to put a thumb pic and possibly a gif into my picture of user and into my signature. Anyone tell me where to find how to do this so i may try so i dont see the blank shilloute above my user name and so on like i see others have? thanks
Hello,

you can add your avatar via your user control panel (top right) when logged in.

thanks,
Lewis

mattdee
Airman

Post by mattdee »

My version of FSX Steam simply crashes when I attempt to load the Cessna 172. FSX Steam is the only version of FSX on my computer as I finally deleted my boxed version. I installed the Cessna from the CD as well, got me beat?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

mattdee wrote:My version of FSX Steam simply crashes when I attempt to load the Cessna 172. FSX Steam is the only version of FSX on my computer as I finally deleted my boxed version. I installed the Cessna from the CD as well, got me beat?
Hello Matt,

can I please request you start a new thread in the C172 tech support area so we can better help you

thanks,
Lewis

mechan1c333
Airman Basic

Post by mechan1c333 »

Hi Lewis, Is it that I'm being a bit thick or are my senior years getting the better of me. Ive purchased the Cessna 172 & the excellent C 182 Skylane and installed them into P3D 2.5 with no problems.
My question is, and forgive me if this has been posted before and ive overlooked it, but can I also install these aircraft into Fsx SE.

Thanks Pete Rowlands

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

mechan1c333 wrote:Hi Lewis, Is it that I'm being a bit thick or are my senior years getting the better of me. Ive purchased the Cessna 172 & the excellent C 182 Skylane and installed them into P3D 2.5 with no problems.
My question is, and forgive me if this has been posted before and ive overlooked it, but can I also install these aircraft into Fsx SE.

Thanks Pete Rowlands
Hello Pete,

no the P3D native models are not compatible with the FSX platform which has its own FSX native product and license.

thanks,
Lewis

gomackay
Airman Basic

Post by gomackay »

Hi First Visit. Just loaded Spitfire successfully in Steam - noted no ability to change pilot weight - discovered update WOP2 SPitfire FSX update - tried to run - directed to FSX directory in Steam - error message - 'could not find' FSX?
Grateful for a steer please?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

gomackay wrote:Hi First Visit. Just loaded Spitfire successfully in Steam - noted no ability to change pilot weight - discovered update WOP2 SPitfire FSX update - tried to run - directed to FSX directory in Steam - error message - 'could not find' FSX?
Grateful for a steer please?
Hello,

you will want to run the latest update here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=41279

Also make sure to go through the manual under your start menu >> all programs >> A2A Simulations, or on your start screen if a Win8 user.

thanks,
Lewis

BlackHawk72
Airman Basic

Post by BlackHawk72 »

I had both boxed and steam and I use active sky next. I then bought a2a. i've done all these steps. installed it in the steam/steamapps/common/fsx directory and even did the simconnect. Still doesn't load. I even deleted the boxed version of fsx. even without running active sky a2a won't show in the add-ons. very frustrating.

FINALLY!!!!! sWEET vICTORY!!!

this fixed it. I had to find the dll file and add to it.
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 89&t=33313

tomcatf14
Airman Basic

Post by tomcatf14 »

It doesn't matter how to install A2A simulations in Steam; it will not work anyway.

Lets go through the list...

I used both the quick start and the and manual way for turning on the engine...it didn't work.
When I want to lower the flaps, I see the handle move in the cockpit, but nothing on the exterior model
In fact all the control surfaces will not work on the ground, however the plane does move as it should one in the air, but nothing moves on the exterior model.
lights will not work

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

tomcatf14 wrote:It doesn't matter how to install A2A simulations in Steam; it will not work anyway.

Lets go through the list...

I used both the quick start and the and manual way for turning on the engine...it didn't work.
When I want to lower the flaps, I see the handle move in the cockpit, but nothing on the exterior model
In fact all the control surfaces will not work on the ground, however the plane does move as it should one in the air, but nothing moves on the exterior model.
lights will not work
Hello,

if you are having issues please post in the relevant tech support forums so we can help. I just finished a multiplayer session in my FSX Steam edition that as of the time of writing this is my sole FSX installation with our entire library installed and working. The last update at our request to Dovetail also included the simconnect files as default so its now as simple as pointing your installer to the correct directory if its not picked up automatically.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Shadow95
Airman

Post by Shadow95 »

I installed my A2A Cessna 182 in FSX Steam, and when I launch the program, the aircraft is "available".
The plane loads and I have the VC, and the outside views.
But, I have NO BATTERY POWER, the engine will not start, and no flight surface control. When I try to get into the hangar, it will not open it.

I'm thinking I missed something here, but can't think of what it may be :( :?:
Shadow95

B-17, P-51, Cessna 182, Piper Comanche, T-6 Texan

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

have you run the latest updater, and are your settings in sim as those in the manual?

Please can you post in a new thread in the relevant forum so we can troubleshoot with you.

thanks
Lewis

Gamiro
Airman Basic

Post by Gamiro »

Can't get the Installer to open. Get the following message -- "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The Installer is being extracted to the file I specified. After the above msg appears, the extracted file is removed. The firewall is disabled at this time. This is the first A2A file I've downloaded. Need some help, please.

All fixed, disabled the anti-virus auto-protect as well. Aircraft now available.
Last edited by Gamiro on 20 Jul 2015, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Gamiro wrote:Can't get the Installer to open. Get the following message -- "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The Installer is being extracted to the file I specified. After the above msg appears, the extracted file is removed. The firewall is disabled at this time. This is the first A2A file I've downloaded. Need some help, please.
It sounds like you have downloaded to a temp area that has overwritten the download OR that you have a corrupt download and need to re-download.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”