How to install A2A Aircraft into FSX Steam release

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
brandokid25
Airman

Re: How to install A2A Aircraft into FSX Steam release

Post by brandokid25 »

Will saved data transfer over to the Steam version aswell? I'd hate to lose all the hours on my Cherokee I spent days accumulating :(

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

brandokid25 wrote:Will saved data transfer over to the Steam version aswell? I'd hate to lose all the hours on my Cherokee I spent days accumulating :(
Yes, the Accu-sim .dat files are in your my docs and are platform independent.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

CaptainFlight1
Airman Basic

Post by CaptainFlight1 »

Hey Guys,

Just to let you know.

I installed Steam edition. Bought and installed the A2A Piper Cherokee (beautiful aeroplane by the way! and very nicely done!).

I couldn't hear anything, or get control surfaces to work. But after reading on here about the simconnect installation I decided to give that a try. And I now hear the sounds, and control surfaces are now working! So yes, VERY IMPORTANT.

Thanks!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes without simconnect nothing will work. I've asked DG if it's possible to install this as default for better compatibility with existing add ons.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Hey Lewis, just an interesting observation on the FSX Steam light issue, It seems almost hit or miss. In the case of the P-51, all lights work with the exception of the beacon..on but small and not rotating....The Cherokee..strobes and beacon do not work unless you uncomment the .cfg entry for those, then the default fx shows up......The 182...strobes and beacon not working......172, I do not have in steam yet....B-17 (just got for Christmas) only just installed and not tested yet. It's not just A2A products either, Beaver X using the shockwave config to manually enter the lights got it all working. Flight replicas only landing lights and vc light work. Something in steam has got to be blocking or not allowing add on fx calling or writing during install. Just observations if you want to throw it at steam from the developer end.

IanHenry
Airman Basic

Post by IanHenry »

Hi,
I've done a complete format re-install of Windows 7 (64 bit) and the Steam version of FSX, and everything went fine until I test flew the A2A Piper Cub. The "Load Manager" doesn't do anything, you can't adjust the baggage weight and you can't install Heidi, she just doesn't appear in the cockpit.
I followed the instructions and installed Sim-Connect, but still no joy, any suggestions.

Regards,
Ian

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

IanHenry wrote:Hi,
I've done a complete format re-install of Windows 7 (64 bit) and the Steam version of FSX, and everything went fine until I test flew the A2A Piper Cub. The "Load Manager" doesn't do anything, you can't adjust the baggage weight and you can't install Heidi, she just doesn't appear in the cockpit.
I followed the instructions and installed Sim-Connect, but still no joy, any suggestions.

Regards,
Ian
Hello Ian,

have you also set FSX itself up correctly for advanced animations etc?

thanks,
Lewis

Sobecho
Airman Basic

Post by Sobecho »

I am having a issue where none of the Nav and beacon lights will work on my A2A aircraft. The landing lights work just fine. But the rest will not work. I have installed and updated all aircraft.

Can anyone help me please ?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sobecho wrote:I am having a issue where none of the Nav and beacon lights will work on my A2A aircraft. The landing lights work just fine. But the rest will not work. I have installed and updated all aircraft.

Can anyone help me please ?
Hello, this is a FSX Steam bug with effects files not displaying correctly and affects nearly all aircraft including the defaults.

thanks,
Lewis

IanHenry
Airman Basic

Post by IanHenry »

Lewis - A2A wrote:

Regards,
Ian
Hello Ian,

thanks,
Lewis
Many thanks for your reply Lewis. Yes the animations were set up correctly. Non of my A2A aircraft are working correctly. After a new install the engines won't start, and when I look in the maintinence hanger the aircraft is a complete wreck despite having never been flown! Pressing the complete repair button doesn't change anything. this also applied to P3D 2.4!
The only difference is FSX Steam Edition, so what I've decided to do is another re format and forget about Steam! Good riddance to it, the only thing that bothers me is the amount of time it's taken me to install the Horizon U.K scenery! Oh well

Happy New Year,
Ian

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

IanHenry wrote:
Lewis - A2A wrote:

Regards,
Ian
Hello Ian,

thanks,
Lewis
Many thanks for your reply Lewis. Yes the animations were set up correctly. Non of my A2A aircraft are working correctly. After a new install the engines won't start, and when I look in the maintinence hanger the aircraft is a complete wreck despite having never been flown! Pressing the complete repair button doesn't change anything. this also applied to P3D 2.4!
The only difference is FSX Steam Edition, so what I've decided to do is another re format and forget about Steam! Good riddance to it, the only thing that bothers me is the amount of time it's taken me to install the Horizon U.K scenery! Oh well

Happy New Year,
Ian

Hey Ian, Steam requires the installation of simconnect as does P3D....there is a description showing where the simconnect is in steam in the first posts I believe. The A2A aircraft do work in steam, just require the simconnect be installed.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

IanHenry wrote:
Lewis - A2A wrote:

Regards,
Ian
Hello Ian,

thanks,
Lewis
Hello,

the issue you mention is due to not installing the simconnect as mentioned in the first post. This is a requirement if FSX Steam is the only updated version of FSX you have on your system.

thanks,
Lewis

Happy New Year,
Ian

D125C
Airman Basic

Post by D125C »

Hello Everyone
I have steam version and indstalled A2A P-40 but i cant start the engine on autostart or manual and i cant repair it to all is red so my P-40 is fully broken.

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

D125C wrote:Hello Everyone
I have steam version and indstalled A2A P-40 but i cant start the engine on autostart or manual and i cant repair it to all is red so my P-40 is fully broken.

Install simconnect, instructions in fist post of this thread, you should be good to go

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Either I did something in installing global, or DG/Steam slid in an update because now all of my lights work like they should. I'm happier now lol.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”