New Captain of the Ship Aircraft - Connie L049

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Lufthansa 380
Staff Sergeant

Re: New Captain of the Ship Aircraft + 50% off COTS this wee

Post by Lufthansa 380 »

I seriously can't wait for the Connie and the latest COTS package!

sirbruchie
Airman

Post by sirbruchie »

Planning my first set of flights for the Connie when its released. As mentioned before the neat thing about L-049 was that it was used for both long and short range flights. I like looking here: http://www.timetableimages.com/ttimages/tw.htm (starting with the 1946 ones). Excited about recreating some of these maybe going all the way to Bombay.

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

Dominique wrote:
Bruce Hamilton wrote:How long before we see something official? Video, screenshots?
like the ones which were shown to the conference attendees :) !
I've been thinking the same thing.

After checking throughout Saturday to find out what was being announced, I expected to find a plethora of screenshots and information posted up by Lewis within hours of the news breaking - I was even checking Facebook/Twitter regularly which is not something you'll find me doing normally. But no! How cruel they are :mrgreen:

Still, I look forward to the introduction video that's sure to pop up on YouTube at some point. They are always a joy to watch.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: New Captain of the Ship Aircraft - Connie L049

Post by Jacques »

I've tried to capture some of the essence of the era in this statement by TWA announcing their new Constellation Service to Europe...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebcdq7ht6hdnj ... e.jpg?dl=0

If the picture doesn't come through, you can download the .pdf from dropbox here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109 ... 0Table.pdf

It is a hybrid reproduction from the February 4, 1946 TWA time table found here:

http://www.timetableimages.com/ttimages/complete/tw46/

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

This is unusual for us to announce a product before it's in beta, but we felt this was appropriate to start talking about Captain of the Ship now. Our goal here with the Connie is not just to show off the new airplane but to really get people who haven't experienced COTS to take a look.

The Connie 3d model does look really nice already, it isn't 100%, and we never put a screenshot out of something that will change possibly to a great amount before release. Many years back we showed some previews of a product, and those shots ended up propagating out on the net and even after the product was released, these early shots were viewed most (and the release version looked so much better). It would be better to show something extremely unfinished, so it's obvious it's not done. But when it's this close, it easily gets confused with the final product.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Fair enough !
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Scott.
If thats your idea of an unfinished model , then all i can say is WOW , i cant wait to get hold of it , the video of the show when you showed the CONNIE , my jaw hit the floor , STUNNING JUST STUNNING , such an iconic airliner .
regards alan. 8) :D

Revd
Airman

Post by Revd »

I can't do much more than echo the sentiments of the other contributers. The 377 is a wonderful model and the Connie is a beautiful, iconic aircraft. I've enjoyed all the GAmodels you've released, but the 377 and the B17 have remained favourites. I'm really looking forward to this release. Well done guys.

Neil

Artur
Staff Sergeant

Post by Artur »

Hi, will A2A Connie be retrofitted with some modern navigation equipment ?

Illi73
Staff Sergeant

Post by Illi73 »

I was just wondering...

The B377 can be purchased without the 'Captain of the Ship' package; Captain of the ship was its expansion.

How is this going to work with the new Connie?
* Will the Connie have its own (optional) 'Captain of the Ship' expansion package?
* Will the 'Captain of the Ship' content be completely integrated into the Connie (like currently accu-sim is no longer a separate package)?
* Or is the current 'Captain of the Ship' package going to upgrade to be both for the B377 and Connie? (which would mean you buy the Connie and then if you already had the B377's Captain of the Ship, it will support the Connie as well)?

I know (from the video) that the Connie will have a new crew with new voices, so maybe the latter option isn't the most likely... but how is this 'Captain of the Ship' going to be treated? Is it going to be a 'new line of accu-sims for airliners' and how will it be distributed?

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

New crew and new voices pretty much means a new AccuSim, and probably integrated like their last several releases.

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

But don't mess with Heidi.. She is beautiful!
Kind regards, Matthias

b2vulcan
Airman First Class

Post by b2vulcan »

Will you be doing this variant Scott :D

Someone early on said "What if it's a jet", well there ya go :D

Just posted on Facebook by Flyer magazine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dExlu488bM4

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

He already said in the announcement video what variant they're doing.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

b2vulcan wrote:Will you be doing this variant Scott :D

Someone early on said "What if it's a jet", well there ya go :D

Just posted on Facebook by Flyer magazine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dExlu488bM4
Awesome video! What a light show!

Thanks for sharing
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”