The Accu-Sim Connie is in beta

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Re: The Accu-Sim Connie is in beta

Post by Warbirds »

Question to dev team: Will the Connie make use of P3D real time reflections? I know the B-377 does not but maybe that will be taken care of in the upgrade?
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes the native P3D version will use the P3D reflection modelling.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

I have a question too, will there be both GTN 650 AND 750 integration? I know you kind of confirmed it before but I just want to know if both will be able to integrate. I guess the 750 would maybe need some sort of holder contraption.

Cheers!/Andreas
Cheers!/Andreas

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Cannot comment on the third party GPS support at the moment.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Cannot comment on the third party GPS support at the moment.

thanks,
Lewis
Ok, that's fine.
Cheers!/Andreas

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I want to fly the Connie the way they did back when it was flying in the 50's and 60's

blillpers
Senior Airman

Post by blillpers »

Yeah, I really hope we will be able to fly it in a classic configuration as well. No GPS, classic analog radios, high octane fuel and maybe a B377 style navigator's map etc.

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Well Scott was saying in that Orbx thread they are starting to shoot video, so hopefully we find out for ourselves the cockpit configurations by turkey day. I am just hoping for the minimum stuff for true modern IFR flight. Is just weird that the 377 seems better than the 049 Connie in everything except looks. :lol: Be interesting to see the handling comparison. That might be the other area the Connie really shines. Going to go back to my flight though. Spent the weekend taking the P-51 civilian from KPHF to KMMV to check out the McMinnville Museum scenery, and now flying back. Hard to believe next month that the P-51 civ is going to be a 4 year old product.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

I'm all for choice, but I think I'll be flying the Connie with close to period equipment (though I agree an OBI or two would be nice).

A couple of weeks ago I was on the opposite tack - as I posted in another thread, I installed the GTN 750 in the Stratocruiser and did a couple of flights. It was extremely helpful, especially for quick, easy descent planning. But it felt wrong. Sort of a clash of cultures - all that modern technology made the Strat feel like a big, piston-engined business jet. Even the idea of flying a modern flight plan with intersections and airways routings seemed like a violation of what the Strat actually is. So I pulled the GTN out and went back to flying VOR to VOR with just the RMI needles and the map, and everything fell back into place.

In that spirit, I'm going to treat the Connie as a period restoration and ask ATC to give her special handling. I'm sure they'll agree, especially if I make sure they get a good look at her. Low pass over the runway, anyone?
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

Alan_A wrote:I'm all for choice, but I think I'll be flying the Connie with close to period equipment (though I agree an OBI or two would be nice).

A couple of weeks ago I was on the opposite tack - as I posted in another thread, I installed the GTN 750 in the Stratocruiser and did a couple of flights. It was extremely helpful, especially for quick, easy descent planning. But it felt wrong. Sort of a clash of cultures - all that modern technology made the Strat feel like a big, piston-engined business jet. Even the idea of flying a modern flight plan with intersections and airways routings seemed like a violation of what the Strat actually is. So I pulled the GTN out and went back to flying VOR to VOR with just the RMI needles and the map, and everything fell back into place.

In that spirit, I'm going to treat the Connie as a period restoration and ask ATC to give her special handling. I'm sure they'll agree, especially if I make sure they get a good look at her. Low pass over the runway, anyone?
It's why I only fly classic airports from CalClassic...no Jetways and no 737's parked next to me. Only Connies, DC-3's, 4's, 6's, and etc. and if I'm in Europe some of their's from the 50's. Just wish the FS9 file that provides the old A & N radio navigation could work in FSX.

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

I've thought of trying the Cal Classic period sceneries but I haven't yet gotten to the point where I'm flying period propliners exclusively. So I'm not yet ready to commit to the 1950s. Though maybe once the Connie comes along... Hmmm...

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Roadburner426 wrote:Is just weird that the 377 seems better than the 049 Connie in everything except looks. :lol: Be interesting to see the handling comparison.
From what I've read, the Connie is really nimble compared to the Strat - a genuine hand-flyer, which the Strat tends not to be. Not sure what you mean by "better" - the Strat is bigger, more luxurious and can fly farther. But the Connie is apt to be more useful for short- to medium-haul routes, which gives her an advantage in my book. But agreed - the side-by-side comparison is going to be really interesting.

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

Just watched "The Beatles: Eight Days a Week – The Touring Years" and noticed they took a Connie on one of their across America jaunts.

As for the GTN, I will be flying mine with it for sure ( I get lost in the Walmart so need all the help I can get )
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

"The Beatles"?
Cheers!/Andreas

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I prefer options. Some days i want period authentic but other days i want more modern avionics. Having the choice to select what i want makes all the difference.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”