The Accu-Sim Connie is in beta

The "Queen of the Skies"
Cool
Airman First Class

Re: The Accu-Sim Connie is in beta

Post by Cool »

Dogsbody55 wrote: But we're not getting this version of the Connie. A2A is modelling the first Connie, the model 049. This plane is a C-121G with power recovery turbines fitted to the engines, which is what produces the flames. These were fitted to the later stretched Connies and not the short bodied Connie.
Sorry to be a party pooper, but at least you should be able to see some flames, just not like these.
Cheers,
Mike
Well It is understood and I will buy the connie from day one! I will not be a party pooper :D
But these flames contribute a lot to what make the connie a legend (just look at the number of video with these flames) and then I feel like it's a shame not to have the C-121G... :wink:

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

JoeS475 wrote:
Alan_A wrote:Only question is, under what zodiac sign. Scorpio? Capricorn? Wish they'd update the graphic in that ramp shot, just to give us a hint...
Who said they didn't? :wink:
You must be looking someplace else on the panel. I'm looking at the graphic in the first post in this thread, where the astrology indicator is still stuck on "Virgo." Must be inop - suggest we put a failed instrument cover on it and just use the 12-month calendar. Safer that way... 8)

EDIT: Whoops, sorry - I meant the first post in this thread. It's getting confusing, what with all these Connie anticipation threads running. A2A really needs to help us out here - say, by posting a new thread titled "Connie LO49 15-minute video" or "Connie L049 screenshots" or "Connie L049 manual PDF for download" or something along those lines... :wink:
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Gotta be getting close now...
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tailspin45 »

Blue skies and tailwinds

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Post by Ian Warren »

I saw that specific Connie many times when I was a kid, that is 'Phoenix' sister ship to 'Pegasus' which we all know is still on the ice after a forced landing in bad weather, past the point of no return back to New Zealand , all survived the crash, the ice strip is now known as 'Pegasus' field.

pilotgod
Senior Airman

Post by pilotgod »

Ian Warren wrote:I saw that specific Connie many times when I was a kid, that is 'Phoenix' sister ship to 'Pegasus' which we all know is still on the ice after a forced landing in bad weather, past the point of no return back to New Zealand , all survived the crash, the ice strip is now known as 'Pegasus' field.
Due to the effects of climate change and dust being blown in from "Black Island", the Pegasus Field runway has been melting, so the powers that be for McMurdo started looking for a place to build a new "Alpha Runway". They found the spot about 3 miles Northwest of Pegasus Field and announced earlier this year that the new runway will be knows as "Phoenix Field". Guess, I'll have to make the Christchurch to Pegasus run one of my first "to-do's" in the Connie.
System Specs:
Intel i7-2600 @ 4.3GHz, ASUS P8P67-Deluxe, 8GB DDR3-1600, ATI Radeon HD7770 (2GB), OCZ Vertex 250GB SSD (OS), Seagate 1TB HDD (Data)
FSX w/Acceleration and tons of add-ons.

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

I subscribe to this link so I could keep up with status of the Connie development...plus it's fun to read others comments. However I now find some status information was posted on another site's forum (which I could not find) and on other threads (Flight Attendant and I don't know what else) on this forum. I really would appreciate if status reports could be posted to this thread only.

Thanks,

Henning
Airman First Class

Post by Henning »

Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar: C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS, J3 Cub, T6, P40, Connie, ?

Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tailspin45 »

By Romain Hugault
Last edited by Tailspin45 on 25 Nov 2016, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.
Blue skies and tailwinds

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

Instant wallpaper, thanks.
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

I detect an underlying theme to his art work... Most of them have classic planes in them. :shock:
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian Warren »

That is a Great piece of artwork " By Romain Hugault " I just googled the name, I was going to ask in that was the same artist who did the 'Tin Tin' books ? ... Great Style ... you really gotta love some artist and really appreciate their works 8)

FlameOut
Staff Sergeant

Post by FlameOut »

Keep throwing us a bone !

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Ian Warren wrote:That is a Great piece of artwork " By Romain Hugault " I just googled the name, I was going to ask in that was the same artist who did the 'Tin Tin' books ? ... Great Style ... you really gotta love some artist and really appreciate their works 8)
No, Tintin was by a different artist - Hergé - a Belgian of an earlier generation (1907-1983). Also fits lots of aviation into his stories, but the styles aren't all that close.

In addition to his pin-up art (published in several volumes of Pin-Up Wings), Hugault has done a couple of terrific graphic novels on aviation/WWII themes, with stories by Yann. Only one (The Grand Duke) has been translated into English (now out of print, available used), but you can get the rest (including his latest, Angel Wings, just completed) from Amazon France among other sources.

Here's Hugault's Facebook page, which includes lots of one-offs and work in progress.

Our own jankees has done a couple of Hugault-inspired repaints - there's one of the Aircraft Factory Uhu, based on the one flown by the protagonist in The Grand Duke (he's an anti-Nazi and flies with the swastikas painted out), and another of Long Way Home, the C-47 (for Manfred Jahn's freeware version) flown by the heroine in the first volume of Angel Wings. He did Long Way Home at my request, I'm happy to say.

All worth checking out.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian Warren »

Hey Alan, :D , thanks for the information , It is good to see very detail artwork in respect to aircraft and the details, going back 30 plus years I brought the typical 'War library' and 'Commando' comic books, I did not buy all, I really brought the one's were the artwork really stood out appear to be accurate and creative.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”