What name do you like for our new Connie Flight Attendant?

The "Queen of the Skies"

What name do you think fits our new Flight Attendant?

Janet
11%
Marilyn
11%
Betty
28%
Mary
7%
Linda
13%
Judy
9%
Alison
16%
Sharon
7%

Total votes: 361

Aymi
Staff Sergeant

Re: What name do you like for our new Connie Flight Attendan

Post by Aymi »

Almost 300 votes in less than a week. Connie is definitively one of the most anticipated product from A2A - I don't remember people being so impatient for other products :P
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

Aymi wrote:Almost 300 votes in less than a week. Connie is definitively one of the most anticipated product from A2A - I don't remember people being so impatient for other products :P
Au contraire mon frere! People at the A2A forums are, as usual, very patient and civil. Especially when you compare to the Aerosoft preview forums, oh boy! that place. Can't say my F5 key is in very good condition though.

Cheers!/Andreas
Cheers!/Andreas

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

I am certainly anxious to fly it but in the mean time I fly my other planes, and also play World of Warships / World of Tanks. I come here and check everyday for news, comment on a few other posts I've been watching, and then go back to my other games. I will not lie though in that I have set the 1 and only screenshot we have of the Connie as my backround. :lol: I cannot wait but it most certainly arrives when it arrives. I have to agree about the Aerosoft (and PMDG) forums as well. There are quite a few people that get downright nasty to the devs on there.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

You do realize that this means the voice set is not yet finished for the Connie and it could be months before we see it released.
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Warbirds.
Not neccessarily so , voice sets could already be done , with one of the names , and it might just be a single name that needs to be changed , all depends how its been constructed on the voice set .
regards alan. 8)

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

Warbirds wrote:You do realize that this means the voice set is not yet finished for the Connie and it could be months before we see it released.
The thought struck me as soon as this very poll was posted. However, you have to remember they have been beta-flying the Connie for quite a few months already and I'd be surprise if the 3D-modeling and texturing of the aircraft aren't already done completely. Voice recordings shouldn't take long if all phrases were already prepared and voice-actors had already been contacted for recordings. I don't think implementation of the voice recordings would take long if they already know where and when to implement them within the simulation. I'd guess the most complicated sound work would be with the engines and other machinery, Scott already mentioned a few months back that they had hit a few snags with sound implementations. TBH, after seeing the Connie at flightsimcon, I couldn't imagine it would be this long until would be released but here we are. Scott said they were getting ready to shoot a video a couple of weeks back, I bet they wouldn't do that if the plane wasn't in a somewhat finished state. Am I too invested in this, yes! absolutely! :D

Cheers!/ Andreas
Cheers!/Andreas

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

Could be but I don't mind waiting for a finished product and as far as I know A2A only releases finished products unlike some developers.
Paul Grubich 2018
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Just an update on the video progress. It appears we're about 1/2 way through with the promo vid for the Connie. It's impossible get beyond scratching the surface of this deep, organic system we call Captain of the Ship.
Keep in mind, this video is designed not for 377 owners but for those who never flew the 377 or Captain of the ship. There is no point telling Stratocruiser pilots what this system is all about, so it's very basic in it's presentation.

The manual, btw, is amazing too. My hope is, we will have a video that tours the airplane ready next week. And btw, our flight attendant is looking better since that shot I showed earlier.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

Thanks Scott, she is looking beautiful and amazingly realistic. (yes I know the cockpit is from a real plane but the head on shot of the model is amazing). Looks like Sony Vegas Pro for video - I sure love it and use it for all our promo videos.
Paul Grubich 2018

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

:shock: Man that looks good. But enough with the teasers! I want to fly my Connie :wink: :lol:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Scott, thanks for throwing the hungry wolves a scrap!

Looking awesome, I can't wait!

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I think my strat just got jealous , doing a slow decent for wake isle from 28000ft , one eye on strat other reading this update , aircraft had got to 19000ft , when i herd a hissing noise followed by pax alarmed noises , realised we had a pressurisation problem , seat belt signs on auto pilot off , engines to idle , pushed stick fwd in a steep emerg decent to 10000ft ,scott i did not know you made your aircraft with a jealous streak of nature in them.
regards alan. 8) :lol: :wink:

Aymi
Staff Sergeant

Post by Aymi »

Scott - A2A wrote:Just an update on the video progress. It appears we're about 1/2 way through with the promo vid for the Connie. It's impossible get beyond scratching the surface of this deep, organic system we call Captain of the Ship.
Keep in mind, this video is designed not for 377 owners but for those who never flew the 377 or Captain of the ship. There is no point telling Stratocruiser pilots what this system is all about, so it's very basic in it's presentation.

The manual, btw, is amazing too. My hope is, we will have a video that tours the airplane ready next week. And btw, our flight attendant is looking better since that shot I showed earlier.

Scott.
Many thanks for the heads-up Scott. I've got a feeling that you guys are about to shake once again the world of flight sim. That something huge is about to land.
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

This is gonna be so bad-ass! Thanks for the update Scott!
Cheers!/Andreas

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Looking very impressive. Thanks for the update!
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”