I just got game, question...

A place where general info about BOB2 can be found
new reply
Shocker40
Airman Basic

I just got game, question...

Post by Shocker40 »

I just got BOB II: WOV and I was wondering, is it supposed to come with more than just the disk? I didn't get a game booklet manual or anything. I read online somewhere that some instructional stuff was included, anyone got anything for me? Otherwise, I'll probably end up calling Matrix games. Thanks

Buddye
BDG

Re: I just got game, question...

Post by Buddye »

Hi Shocker, welcome to BOBII and the BOBII forum and community.

The Game from Matrix just comes with a disk (at the Version 2.06 level), I think.

After installing BOBII using the Matrix disk, you need to download and install the new BOBII version 2.09 (the 2.09 download is at the link below, English Version).

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 10&t=13117

Your Users Manual (about 400 pages, the best in the business) will be in the BOBII folder in the Docs folder.

The game has a learning curve even for the very experienced flight simulation players (100's of features and options with over 200 key commands) so controlling the game takes some time and effort. The features are explained in the Users Manual (located in the BOBII folder in the Docs folder) for the GUI (Graphic User's Interface), options in appendix A, and Keys in Appendix H. You will need to scan and read the User Manual.

Take you time as BOBII is more of a hobby (if interested) than a simple game. We like to think of BOBII as "The BOB Time Machine" where you can get the closest feeling possible to a real life BOB pilot fighting in the BOB that any simulation can provide.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

Shocker40
Airman Basic

Post by Shocker40 »

Thanks a lot, very helpful

Shocker40
Airman Basic

My inexperience isn't helping here, help plz

Post by Shocker40 »

I went through a whole process of downloading 2.09. It seemed to work, the game's menu screen says 2.09. I now have two folders, they are both titled "bob2_update_v2.09" one of them is a file folder, the other is a compressed zip folder. The issue I am having is... before the patch I had another folder on desktop that was the game manual, now I have no idea where that is. The two files I mentioned previously each have a text doc in them titled GH3D but it isn't anything readable when opened. What can I do about the lost manual?

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

I am not sure I understand but the User Manual and Key card are in your "BOBII folder in the Doc folder" since you have installed 2.09 correctly. The User Manual is not on the desktop.

Here is a link to it so you can download if you want:

http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/bob ... manual.rar
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

new reply

Return to “BOB2 FAQ FORUM”