update question

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
new reply
thewoo1
Airman First Class

update question

Post by thewoo1 »

If I update the p47 to ver 1.1 should I do the 2.0 core accusim update again thanks

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: update question

Post by Skycat »

The core update does not update the P-47 in any way. (Core also doesn't update the B-17G, Piper Cub or Stratocruiser.)
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

FlipS
Senior Airman

Post by FlipS »

Yesterday I installed Accusim Update 07/15/2014 in FSX. After that I installed P-47 hotfix v1.11. Now the P-47 has some problems: I don't hear the sound of the opening and closing of the intercooler flaps, nor the sound of the opening and closing of the oil cooler flaps; I only hear clicks at the beginning and ending of opening and closing. These flaps themselves open and close. The starter does nothing at all; the switch moves but nothing happens: no sound of the inertia starter, the engine doesn't make any movement once the wheel should have its velocity and the starter is engaged. The only way to start is Ctrl + E. In flight and during landing all seems to work fine.

In the past I never installed update v1.1 nor the hotfix; everything worked like it belongs. After a pc crash I had to reinstall all add-ons. I first installed the P-47 (and A2A Spitfire and C172), then the Accu-Sim, then Accusim Update 07/15/2014 and eventually hotfix v1.11.
Am I doing something wrong?

Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Post by Welsch »

I don't think you should install any other fixes after the 7/15/2014 update. My understanding is that it already contains all relevant fixes.

FlipS
Senior Airman

Post by FlipS »

Thank you; I think you're right. I was confused because the list of updates of Accu-Sim Update 07/15/2014 only mentions the v1.1 update (released 05/12/2009)
I tried to remove the P-47 and it's Accu-Sim in the Windows Configuration Screen, and installed again without hotfix. Now the sounds of the flaps of intercooler and oil cooler are back, but the starter still doesn't work. I suppose there is still a corrupt file. How to remove or change that file? Or is there a better way to uninstall the P-47 and Accu-Sim?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Just do the easy thing and just re-install the aircraft and accusim, then run the 7/15 update.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

FlipS
Senior Airman

Post by FlipS »

I re-installed the way you suggested. The starter still doesn't work. All other functions seem to be OK.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Can you explain what you mean when you say the starter doesn't work?

First, try CTRL-E, which is autostart. If that works, pull your mixture to kill the engine. Then go to the manual and follow the starting procedures, and tell me exactly what is not happening.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

FlipS
Senior Airman

Post by FlipS »

The engine starts with Ctrl + E and (after following the normal start procedure) also by turning the magneto/start switch of the Saitek switch panel. The switch on the instrument panel moves by clicking with the mouse and there sounds a click but nothing happens: no sound of the inertia starter, the engine doesn't make any movement once the wheel should have its velocity (after 20 seconds) and the starter is engaged.

EDIT: I tried again. The switch is mirrored: to the left to start the inertia wheel, to the right to engage the inertia starter with the engine. The engine starts this way.

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”