Lost repaints from update 01_24_15 (FSX)

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
new reply
Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Lost repaints from update 01_24_15 (FSX)

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I've downloaded and run the latest update, that all my installed repaints have disappeared from the Aircraft.CFG file, for all 3 variants of the P-47. No backup was created during the update process, and the now current file is dated 06/02/14. I have always run each update as it comes out with no issues before today, so not sure what has happened this time. As always, I ran the update as an administrator.

I am running Win7 64 bit, with the latest updates.

Hoping someone can help. At least this gives Lewis a chance to post again, closing the gap some more on Scott some more.... :D

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

ebo
Master Sergeant

Re: Lost repaints from update 01_24_15 (FSX)

Post by ebo »

There is an update. When you run the installer it says whete it does backup your file. FSX/A2A or something similar.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9500 mit Tapatalk
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Hi Ebo,

It's supposed to back up the old file in folder FSX/A2A/P-47/Backup, but that folder is empty. I've checked other possibles such as My Docs, but there's nothing there.

Having now flown the P-47, I seem to have another issue too. I no longer have any sounds when I operate the turbo intercooler and oil cooler switches. In the A2A/P-47/Sounds folder, there are sound files 102 and 103. They play OK via Windows Media Player, but not when I operate the switches in the VC or the controller keys assigned as per the manual. All other switches make their assigned sound when operated.

I haven't yet tested the Cessnas, Cub or P-40, but the Spitfire and Cherokee are all OK.

Help :cry:
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

WarHorse47
Senior Airman

Post by WarHorse47 »

I encountered the same issue.

It should actually back up all 3 aircraft.cfg files from all 3 models, but the backup folder is empty.

Also, the date of the replacement aircraft.cfg is for 2014 so its hard to tell if there were any changes. If there were no change, then why did the Accus Sim update replace it??

--WH

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Post by Chunk »

Looks like I'll be holding off before running this update. I hope they have a fix for you gents!

ebo
Master Sergeant

Post by ebo »

Just make a backup of all the aircraft.cfg files before installing the update.

After the backup just copy all the flightsim entries into the new cfg file and then you are where you where.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9500 mit Tapatalk
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Same issue here with the failure to back up the P-47 aircraft.cfgs. Haven't flown it since the update so haven't yet checked out the sound issues. The rest of the update seems to have worked perfectly. I'll stand by for now and get in some P-40 and B-17 time while I wait for word from A2A about what to do next with the Jug.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Post by Chunk »

I backed everything up, and only had to fix the aircraft.cfg files for the Jug. All of my sounds work properly as well.

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”