Saving flights

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
new reply
timc
Airman Basic

Saving flights

Post by timc »

I'm trying to do a long distance flight but need to save in between sessions (thanks to work, wife, kids, life and all that other stuff that gets in the way of tonking round the virtual sky in a P-47). But, when I restart from a saved flight I end up in a world of trouble. eg, I saved a session whilst at 15,000 ft with oxygen mask on, tip tanks half consumed, main tank at 150 gal and aux at full. Throttle and prop at whatever it took to get 2200 rpm and 32" and cruising at 205 IAS with all guages in the green.

I loaded this flight to find the carb temp at -11, CHT at somewhere very cold, intercooler and oil flaps closed, no oxygen or ADI loaded in the load manager, no external tanks, a turbo that didint work and a throttle that did nothing (although this may have something to do with the carb temps). I am running Vista and start FSX as administrator.

Any suggestions as to how I can continue to enjoy my long distant flight?

And thanks in advance for any assistance.

timc

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Saving flights

Post by some1 - A2A »

You have to load the saved flight from the in-flight menu, not the main menu. So first load a flight (it doesn't matter what, where, or when), then press alt and load the p47 flight you saved earlier.

This inconvenience is caused by a bug in FSX itself, with the Piper Cub we will be testing a new save system that is not affected by this problem.
Michael Krawczyk

timc
Airman Basic

Post by timc »

You're a good man/woman/thing some1. Fixed - thanks!

jm45
Airman

Post by jm45 »

Sorry for posting on such an old thread but I have the same problem. When I load a previous saved flight everything is ok except the throttle control. So I tried the above fix and everything was ok for about 10 minutes. After that period I lost the throttle control again and the plane crashed. The throttle lever moves but with no response.
Any suggestion would be helpful (maybe another way to save flights with P47?)
Thanks

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I'm curious if the new save system for the cub worked?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

jm45 wrote:Sorry for posting on such an old thread but I have the same problem. When I load a previous saved flight everything is ok except the throttle control. So I tried the above fix and everything was ok for about 10 minutes. After that period I lost the throttle control again and the plane crashed. The throttle lever moves but with no response.
Any suggestion would be helpful (maybe another way to save flights with P47?)
Thanks
Hello,

are you running the latest update from the Accu-sim updater?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jm45
Airman

Post by jm45 »

Yes, the P47 is up to date.

n421nj wrote:I'm curious if the new save system for the cub worked?
Never tried that. What is this new save system?

jm45
Airman

Post by jm45 »

After some testing I found out that the problem exists only when I save a flight with external tanks in use (belly or wing). They last for about 10 minutes or so after loading a flight, and then, they just disappear. Then I have to switch to main tank and the throttle is back on. It appears to be an external tank data saving problem

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”