Just catching up here so bear with me
Doing some flight testing on the Jug and have noticed the following;
Would appreciate input on these things;
1. Can't seem to assign the tailwheel lock function to a CH fighterstick toggle. When using the tailwheel lock default assignment in FSX settings assigning that to a switch, all I get is a slight "click" but no action from the locking lever in the cockpit. The mouse drag works perfectly.
Is this an assigned drag function ONLY in the cfg file by chance and unavailable to the controller?
2. Second item is a panel shimmer in both the WOP3 Jug AND the WOP2 P51/with FSX patch. The issue is visually confined to these 2 aircraft ONLY. All default planes in FSX are normal with no issues on the panels.
Steps made to attempt to eliminate this issue system wise as follows;
a) Card in use is a 612 Nvidia 8800GTS. Driver is the latest Nvidia WHQL 186.18 installed properly.
b) The issue centers mainly on the text areas in the VC cockpits of all A2A aircraft. The view on the panels with the planes engines running but completely motionless is perfect. No shimmer at all. As soon as the aircraft moves there is shimmer motion (slight waves in rapid movement) on the panels. This is especially noticeable on cockpit placards such as the gear light placard and tail wheel placard just to the right of that on the P51's lower panel, the upper center panel placard on the 51, and the upper center panel placard on the P47's.
There is also noticeable shimmer on the panel rivets on the P51's panel.
Steps taken to isolate and eliminate the shimmer issue as follows;
1. Driver uninstall and change to previous Nvidia driver. Issue remains.
2. Reinstall of 186.18 driver. Issue remains.
3. Reboot to reinstall monitor driver. Issue remains.
4. Purchase of new monitor (wanted anyway
5. Resolutions changed, settings tweaked in FSX; issue remains.
6. AA and Ansio were suspect from the gitgo with this issue. I've tried every possible change both in FSX and in the Nvidia Control Panel with no improvement. I can make it worse, but not better.
7) It is notable that when both aircraft come up in there default zoom views, the panels are ok. It's when I zoom out from cockpit to say 50 for the Mustang and 60 for the Jug that the shimmering begins to become noticeable!!!!!!!!!!!!
One thing; there seems to be quite a lot of ambiguity concerning where to select and deselect AA when setting up for FSX using the Nvidia control panel. Some say to over ride FSX with the CP and some say not to do this. I'm assuming different systems and cards will handle this on a varied basis so no set standard. After trying every combination of settings suggested prior to this post, I find the best graphics views for me have been obtained by selecting the, "use my settings emphasizing quality" in the Nvidia CP, then selecting 4x for AA and 8x for Anistropic in the advanced CP settings, and then SELECTING both AA and Ansio in FSX. I've put the word SELECTING in caps so it will be noticed, as checking these two items in FSX seems to be contrary to popular opinion when using the AA settings in the Control Panel. I kid you not when I say that the overall graphics are MUCH improved for me with these checked in FSX AND in the CP!
What will help me a great deal is first of all knowing if anyone else has had the shimmer issue with their systems?
Naturally if anyone has a solution or suggestions, all are welcome.
Many thanks for your input.