Booster on Landing

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
new reply
barricades
Airman

Booster on Landing

Post by barricades »

Hi,

I read with interest in the manual which says for landing, boosters set to 30". Is this refering to the turbochargers (the 'B' knob).
When I advance them to 30%, I am able to achieve a perfect landing where previously I am always stalling.... or getting very unstable flight, But NEVER reduce throttle to idle without switching off boosters (I learnt the hard way);

But I was wondering if this is the one as by right, I am not allowed to use turbo on take off and landing....

Thanks,

Francis 8)

Seria17hri11er
Senior Airman

Re: Booster on Landing

Post by Seria17hri11er »

Hello barricades. I believe what you are speaking of is from the landing checklist in the manual. That is a misprint. It should state "Manifold Pressure" or "MP." You should be able to set your MP to 30" using just the throttle alone unless landing above 7,000 ft mean sea level. Above 7,000 ft the use of the turbo (boost lever) becomes necessary.

Additionally I will be putting out some completely revised checklist and references for in game use that are much more detailed, easy to follow, and will keep you out of trouble. So keep an eye on the forum.
Cheers.
ASEL

Image Image
Man is the victim of an environment which refuses to understand his soul.
Bukowski Pg. 172—Purple As an Iris—Tales of Ordinary Madness

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”