Engine Noise Help noob

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
new reply
Tart
Airman

Engine Noise Help noob

Post by Tart »

Hey All,

I just bought P-47 with accusim last night. I tried to start the engine from the cold; I followed check list, started the engine, but I get really laud BANGing noise. This happens during warm up, and especially after I took it for a flight. What am I doing wrong? Why does it happen?

Thanks.

Scott and the Team, great job! I really love your Cub and P-47.

Tart
Airman

Re: Engine Noise Help noob

Post by Tart »

Another quick question. I noticed that there is an update available. Do I need to apply patch? Is the version I downloaded yesterday the latest one?

Up in the Sky
Airman

Post by Up in the Sky »

Hi!

The banging noise you describe makes me think of a blown turbo; I would check the position of the turbo-lever if the problem persists after an overhaul. The lever should be completely back at 0% on the ground. If it's opened further than the throttle lever itself, a blown turbo with associated bangs and splutters would be the result. A high RPM value and manifold pressure reading would also occur just before that during warm-up though.. I'm not sure if I'm thinking in the right direction here, just offering my first thoughts..

Regarding the patch, that's not included in the installer. As far as I know, A2A kept the installer original and you have to download and run the patch regardless of your purchase date to get version 1.1.

Hope this helps!
UitS

Tart
Airman

Post by Tart »

Thanks for reply. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong during my first day, but now when I fly engine seems to be working fine, except for occasional cough.

montalvo6177
Airman

Post by montalvo6177 »

Did you make sure your auto mixture was disabled in the realism settings? I hope this helps.
Image Image

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”