MFG pedals adjustments

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
new reply
francesco.doenz
Staff Sergeant

MFG pedals adjustments

Post by francesco.doenz »

Just got the MFG pedals and was wondering what the optimum adjustments are to get as close as possible to the real world pedals of the Jug? I posted the same question fot the Spit.
Thanks in advance for your opinions...

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: MFG pedals adjustments

Post by dvm »

What do you mean by adjustments, you can change the cam and the spring tension. The optional cam 5 is supposed to be the best for prop airplanes. If you want the closest look and feel to the Jug you will have to change the pedal portion of the assembly and at this time you will have to make your own. See my post on my home made pedals.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=52774

francesco.doenz
Staff Sergeant

Post by francesco.doenz »

Thank you for your input, about adjustment I am referring to the pedal width and distance of the pedals from the seat, sorry I should have been more precise, and yes, I aknowledge, the question is a little pedantic...

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

I would think that the parameters you mentioned would be of personal preference and your size. You can if you wish raise the mounting base with some sort of a shim (lumber or such) and then angle the pedals steeply so that you could use them as in the real P47 placing your heals on the floor and operating the pedals with the balls of your feet and sliding your feet up to operate the brakes. The heel stop (ridge) at the bottom of the pedals can be a little uncomfortable depending on your footwear. The evolution of my modified pedals may be of interest as well as the general discussion on the Crosswind Pedals.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 9&start=75

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”