interesting phenomena.

Born to fly
new reply
sandi
Airman First Class

interesting phenomena.

Post by sandi »

Hi. have been taking the cub for flying at different throttle settings, and all is well and truly smooth, that is until right before idle, then the tone of the engine drops, quite a huge gab in semitones, maybe one have to be a musician to understand this, i just find it odd when the rest of the throttle range is so smooth and fluid?
I guess what i am asking if this is do to technical limitations, or if there is something i have not updated, yet?
Aside from this, it is the most realistic sound on a simulated plane i have ever heard, and , felt, do to my special setup i can feel the vibrations through out the computer.. and yes such things counts.
Have not found a way around manual start yet, so it is CTRL e for now :)

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: interesting phenomena.

Post by n421nj »

Not sure on the sounds. Have to check
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Re: interesting phenomena.

Post by ilya1502 »

sandi wrote: Have not found a way around manual start yet, so it is CTRL e for now :)
You have to switch the view to the "Aircraft" group (can use the right mouse button to see the context menu and choose it from there) and then select the position behind the prop. Then you can just grab the prop with the mouse (left button pressed and held) and hand-prop the plane. Also pay attention for proper priming and magnetos, that is done from the cockpit.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”