looking for a simple repaint

Born to fly
new reply
KotatehFox
Senior Airman

looking for a simple repaint

Post by KotatehFox »

im looking for a simple repaint, im looking at having the tail number N782FW added to the wheeled versions of the cub, so i could in a way simulate the removal of the floats or whatever, in fs economy i own a j-3 and thats her tail number..i dont always wanna be stuck landing in the water and i just recently bought a new fbo in washington and wanted to take her down there and get her some wheels on her, so really all i need is the tail number changed, i would like the two liverys added instead of over writing the ones that are already there..thanks, let me know if you can also do a little bit of repainting the cockpit too, i have a future project in mind! im on the steam edition of fsx
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Re: looking for a simple repaint

Post by KotatehFox »

anything?
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Re: looking for a simple repaint

Post by Al FR-153 »

I'm not sure that I totally understand your request. I'm not involved in 'fs economy' which may be part of the issue, but, if you own the A2A J-3 Cub, there are models with skis, floats, tundra tires and standard tires. Painting a tail number for any one version does not affect the other.
i own a j-3 and thats her tail number..
If you have a photo or two showing the actual paint scheme, it would be of great assistance.
i just recently bought a new fbo in washington and wanted to take her down there and get her some wheels on her,
I'm presuming here that you mean that you are taking the Real Bird down to a Real FBO and getting the floats removed and either standard or tundra gear installed. In FSX (at least) and FS2004 (if memory serves me) it is as simple as selecting a different aircraft when you load up the software to fly.
so really all i need is the tail number changed,
Not difficult at all, but again, a photo of the real aircraft would be of great assistance in making sure the the proper font is used and the location is exact to where it is on the real bird.
i would like the two liverys added instead of over writing the ones that are already there..
Again, this is a simple selection of the aircraft in FSX. You will be given instructions on how to add it to your aircraft library for the A2A J-3 Cub, and I include a 'cut and paste' portion for you to add to the existing collection that you have.

For general information, every paint job that is done for an A2A bird starts with a 'paint kit version' (usually white) of the bird, and is custom painted to the requested scheme. If an existing aircraft is deleted, it is at the users doing, not the re-painters. It is a matter of file management on your computer. This also allows you to add nearly any of the repaints of any aircraft to your collection (for that aircraft type).

As for the Cub, I have done a few, mostly for my own use. Never the less, if you want a shiny new bird, faded bird, custom marked bird, etc., it is almost all possible. So again, photos are of great assistance.

Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”