No Accusim Sound with J3 Cub

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
romandaniels
Airman Basic

No Accusim Sound with J3 Cub

Post by romandaniels »

Hello All,

Just bought the J3 pack and Accusim about a week ago. Installed it and everything seemed to be running smoothly. Then I realized there was no Accusim sound. The physics and menus are all working correctly but I am unable to hear Hedi, and all the Accusim sounds (switch/primer/ruder/airframe,etc). The only thing i hear is the basic engine sounds as if accusim was not installed. I followed through the FAQ recommendations for this problem with no avail. I have reinstalled the Cub and AccuSim Installers several times. DirectX is up to date. Checked DXDIAG, no issues there. The Three Dlls are allowed. FSX settings are correct. The Accusim Mix volume is at 100%. I Have also installed the most recent Accusim Update. The Problem PC is running Windows 8.1 (64-bit). I decided to try installing it on an older slower laptop running Windows 7 32-bit that already had FSX. Interestingly all accusim sounds where playing as they should. I have done my fair share of troubleshooting and understand that there are a lot of things that could be causing this problem. Any help would be appreciated before I completely reinstall FSX as a last resort.

The Accusim Physics are excellent, very realistic to a true cub, it would be nice to hear the sounds that accompany them.

Thanks,

Roman

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: No Accusim Sound with J3 Cub

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Roman,

okie dokie, when you ran the updater did it detect the cub and install the required updated files for you?

Also its worth noting that Accu-sim will play through the windows default sound device. If this isn't turned on etc then this will be why no sounds are being heard.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

romandaniels
Airman Basic

Post by romandaniels »

The updater did detect the Cub and updated files. And my headphones are set as the Windows default sound device.
Still no sound.

Roman

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Roman,

how many sound devices do you have attached to the PC?

And are your drivers all updated correctly and NOT using the default windows drivers?

thanks,
Lewis

romandaniels
Airman Basic

Post by romandaniels »

Lewis,

For the sake of troubleshooting I am now using just the built-in speakers (set as the default device). The driver is up to date and not the windows default (Realtek HD Audio Driver). There are no other sound devices on the playback device list. I have been comparing the settings on the working Windows 7 PC to the problem PC. I can't seem to find any differences that would affect sound.

Is there some A2A dll that hasn't gotten replaced with the Accusim one? Not sure if you have any other thoughts. I'm beginning to think an FSX reinstall might be worth a try.

Thank You,
Roman

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Roman,

Is your FSX updated correctly to either Acceleration and or Service 1 + 2 standard?

Also did you install both the Cub + the Accu-sim package for the cub.

thanks,
Lewis

romandaniels
Airman Basic

Post by romandaniels »

Yes i did install both the J3 Pack and Accusim pack for the Cub. I made sure of it.
I Still couldn't find anything that could be causing the problem so I bit the bullet and decided to completely uninstall and reinstall FSX and SP1+2.
After the install I ran the two cub installers plus the update installer, fixed all the FSX settings, and after all that still no Accusim audio.
I am beginning to think it is a Soundcard/hardware issue. but i have already tried removing and completely reinstalling audio drivers form PC manufacturer site.

So at this point I don't have any more ideas. Has anyone had any issues with this in Windows 8.1? I find it funny the audio runs fine of 7.

Roman

rorich
Airman

Post by rorich »

Heidi is silent for me also on w7pro , sounds good on other planes just heidi has has lost her voice, really want to slip a gender remark in at this point but will refrain guess I did anyway lol
Anyway nervous heidi silent last note when first installed she was loud and clear
Rich
I7 3.7,N 660ti 2g, 32g @1600, os wds7 pro on C: ssd, fsx on D: ssd, Trker ir5, Ezdoc, matrox with wideaspect fov three screens & 1 for panel, ffb joystick, satiek yoke/switch panel,throttle,ch pedals, A2A C 172 &P J-3 with accu sim

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

rorich wrote:Heidi is silent for me also on w7pro , sounds good on other planes just heidi has has lost her voice, really want to slip a gender remark in at this point but will refrain guess I did anyway lol
Anyway nervous heidi silent last note when first installed she was loud and clear
Rich
Hello,

have you tried a reinstall and a run of the latest updater?

thanks,
Lewis

rorich
Airman

Re: No Accusim Sound with J3 Cub solved

Post by rorich »

Yes I did that yesterday, and just reran the j3 accusim package, did ck and sound files for heidi are in accusim j 3 sound file ( wmv) sp dozens most of which I've never heard . Would be a rip if they all worked lastly just tried flying again she grips the cabanes on landing but no screams or other auditory remarks
If these is a or some specific files that make it all work where might I look for

Problem solved all seems to working fine Heidi let me know I was a bad pilot lol guess I have more to work on than computer skills
Thanks for this being here all those that helped :)

Rich
I7 3.7,N 660ti 2g, 32g @1600, os wds7 pro on C: ssd, fsx on D: ssd, Trker ir5, Ezdoc, matrox with wideaspect fov three screens & 1 for panel, ffb joystick, satiek yoke/switch panel,throttle,ch pedals, A2A C 172 &P J-3 with accu sim

romandaniels
Airman Basic

Post by romandaniels »

Did the reinstall with 1-26-15 update. Sound works correctly now and it is nice to hear the accusim sounds!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great to hear! 8)

Happy flying,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”