new boy

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
peteward
Airman Basic

new boy

Post by peteward »

Hi there. I need help. I am a first time flight sim pilot and bought the Piper 3J Cub sim programme from a2a which has downloaded but will not run. There is some message about FSX but I am not finding my way through this. An appeal to a2a met with stony silence, assume they do not have a help desk anymore. Is there anybody out there who can talk me through this in short, concise and understandable terms, I am not a computer geek by any stretch of the imagination.

I have also bought a Logitech Attack3 joystick.

Thanks and regards,

Peter
New Zealand

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: new boy

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Peter,

welcome to the forums, our helpdesk is right here via the forums for quick response 24/7 from us and the wider community who call the community forums there home.

First up would be to ask if you own Microsoft Flight simulator X, the J3 you mention is an add-on aircraft for Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

peteward
Airman Basic

Post by peteward »

No, I have nothing - just assumed you go right into a2a and buy a programme that works! Silly me I guess. Where do we go from here? More money for programmes? Any free downloads?

Thanks for the swift response!

Peter

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Peter,

the host simulation can be found either via boxed version on amazon or the download steam edition which is currently on sale via the steam platform;

http://store.steampowered.com/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/314160/

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Peter: You have to buy and install Flight Sim X (FSX) in order to use the A2A J-3 Cub. First you get FSX. Then you download the FSX updates, SP1 and SP2. Then you load your A2A Cub, and then you load the Accu-Sim add-on. Accu-Sim is not mandatory, but it adds a lot of realism. Hey, when you think about it, all we're doing here is sitting in front of a box, right? If you want the flight simulator to most closely represent the flying of a real J-3 Cub, you want the Accu-Sim. If you're gonna be a bear, you might as well be a Grizzly. If you're gonna be an outlaw biker, you might as well be a Hells Angel. Accu-Sim: same deal. Don't forget to download and install the latest updates.

Then fly around in your Cub! New Zealand is a really cool place to explore! Uh-oh. Now you may want to get the add-on scenery. Sorry, man. Just keep telling yourself that this virtual airplane flying experience is costing only a fraction of what it would cost to fly a real airplane! Not only that, but once you have paid for all this add-on software, it is YOURS! You can do whatever you want! You can fly Heidi to an island and drop her off if she gives you any grief!!

I started out with the J-3. It's great. Kinda slow. Still, you have to know what you are doing. Takes practice. I have this cheesy set of headphones from an old Sony Walkman that I use when I'm flying. Accu-Sim adds all these subtle sound details while you are flying the airplane. I thought once I even heard Heidi fart! (just kidding :P ).

It doesn't have to stop there. Post on the Cub forum and maybe one of our artists will set you up with a J-3 with a custom NZ number!

Happy Landings!

Seeya
ATB

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

How'd you make out?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”