Accu-Sim Update Question

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
craiggaudreau
Airman Basic

Accu-Sim Update Question

Post by craiggaudreau »

Hi Guys,
I just ran the update. It found my C182 but did not find my J3. It did not find my Bonanza but I purchased that after the update release. Is everything okay here?
CraigG

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Accu-Sim Update Question

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Craig and welcome to the forums.

Not finding the Bonanza is normal as this product has its own standalone updater. However, for the Piper J3, did you buy the Accu-Sim expansion pack as well as the base aircraft package?

Thanks,
Nick

craiggaudreau
Airman Basic

Post by craiggaudreau »

I sure did. That doesn’t mean I installed it correctly, however. I do have the option to turn accu sim on and off in the menus.

craiggaudreau
Airman Basic

Post by craiggaudreau »

Okay...let me back track. On August 20th 2018 I purchased this: "Accu-sim Piper J-3 Cub" and paid the same price as I paid for my other Accu-sim A2A aircraft. Did I buy everything I need?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Craig. Just to confirm, are these products all installed in FSX, and if so is it the disk or Steam version? If it's the latter, the version of the J3 Cub which can be purchased directly from the Steam store (rather than from our website) isn't detected by the update tool.

Thanks,
Nick

Edit: I posted just as you wrote your latest message. Sounds like maybe you purchased direct from the store here, but please can you let us know...

craiggaudreau
Airman Basic

Post by craiggaudreau »

I'm using my original disk and Acceleration. Interestingly enough, my account shows the J3 purchase but not the 182. When I look at the J3 in the Aircraft folder, I notice it installed differently than the other A2A aircraft. It has a separate folder for each livery and a "shared" folder. The C182 and Bonanza liveries are all in one folder.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Craig,

For the J3, separate installation folders in the SimObjects/airplanes directory is normal due to the way the different 3D models (wheels, floats, etc.) are handled.

However, if you purchased the J3 from the A2A store rather than via Steam, it should be recognised by the Accu-Sim updater. Just to check, did you run both installers inside the zip file that you downloaded?

Thanks,
Nick

craiggaudreau
Airman Basic

Post by craiggaudreau »

I am going to guess NO I did not run both installers. I went and re-ran both. Fired it up and now I recognize the accu-sim behavior I had been missing.
I re-ran the update and it found the J3 installation. Case closed. Thank you very much, Nick.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Glad to hear you are up and running. Just so you know what happened you had run the base aircraft but not the Accu-sim installation, this is why Accu-sim was not available and the update was not finding the Accu-sim cub.

Happy flying in the virtual skies, any thing else crops up or any questions or advice in general please do just post and ask.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome Craig and thanks for posting the update. Hope you enjoy the Accu-Sim features in the Cub!

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”