Help??

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Help??

Post by speedy70 »

If you go back to my post on October 17 and check through it again.
You had not installed the update as instructed.You fanally did that yesterday!!!
Are you using a default aircraft as a startup flight as instructed?
Have you set the realism settings up correctly like the automixture set to off and the autorudder off
Have you tried autostart in the shift 2 or shift 3 pop up windows?
Have you primed the aircraft and gone through the start up procedure as in the manual?
Have you tried CTRL-E to start it ?
This aircraft is a faithful replica as near to the real aircraft as possible,it is not easy to fly without attention to detail.You cannot just jump in and fly it.
Please read this and ensure you have done as required http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 26#p301526

Groundpilot1
Airman

Post by Groundpilot1 »

Oops... It seems I am becoming a pain... I will discontinue in the forum... Thanks again for all your help..

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

No we are only trying to help you but you must do as advised
Just work through the list and we should be able to get somewhere

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

UPON ENTERING THE COCKPIT

Canopy- OPEN
Radiator Shutter- FULLY OPEN
Elevator Trim- 1 DIVISION DOWN
Rudder Trim - NEUTRAL
Propeller - Mk I: COARSE PITCH (plunger forward - in); Mk II: FINE PITCH (lever fully forward)
Mixture - RICH (normal) - Mk I: Lever fully rearward; Mk II: Lever fully forward
Throttle - OPEN TO TURN ON U/C INDICATOR, THEN CRACKED ¼”
Magnetos - BOTH ON
Landing Lights - UP
Brakes - ON
Controls - FREE AND NORMAL
Fuel Cocks - BOTH ON (up)
Starter - FLAP OPEN
Primer - - UNLOCKED
Fuel Tank Gauges - CHECK QUANTITY (Mk II has only a bottom tank gauge)
Mk I: Starting Magneto - ON
Generator- ON
Cabin vent – OPEN AS REQUIRED
All other electrical – OFF
Mk I: Check undercarriage pump valve - REARWARD (LOWER)
Mk II: Check undercarriage lever - REARWARD (DOWN)

STARTING

Check chocks in place, tail held down, Mk I: Trolly acc. connected
Throttle-OPEN 1/4”
Primer- AT LEAST FIVE PUMPS, MORE IF REQUIRED - LEAVE UNLOCKED
Control Column- HELD FULL BACK
Mk I: Starter - PUSH,
Mk II: Check cartridge loaded in breach, if not, load with starboardmost ring grip, PUSH starter button
Primer - PRIME AS NECESSARY UNITL ENGINE CATCHES
(Engine not to turn more than 20 seconds while starting before catching, then wait 30 seconds before trying again)
Throttle - UPON ENGINE CATCHING, BACK TO SMOOTH LOW IDLE
(Open throttle and Prime as needs be to keep engine running)
Check- OIL PRESSURE and FUEL PRESSURE WITHIN NORMAL PARAMETERS
Primer - LOCKED WHEN NO LONGER REQUIRED
Mk I: Starting Magneto - OFF
Lights - AS DESIRED
Pressure Head (Pitot) Heat and other electrical items- ON AS REQUIRED
Altimeter - SET TO FIELD HEIGHT
Directional Gyro – SET
IFF- ON

Engine run up when Radiator Temperature is at least 40º:
Mk I: Control Column fully back, Throttle very briefly fully open, Propeller to FINE PITCH (plunger back- out), check at least 6 1/2” Boost, 2500 to 2600 r.p.m., Throttle to 2,200 r.p.m., magnetos individually checked, drop of no more than 160 r.p.m., Propeller to COARSE PITCH- check for r.p.m. drop, then to FINE PITCH, check for r.p.m. increase, throttle to smooth, low idle.

Mk II: Control Column fully back, Throttle very briefly fully open, check least 6 1/2” Boost, 2,600 to 2,800 r.p.m., Throttle to 2,200 r.p.m., magnetos individually checked, drop of no more than 160 r.p.m., Propeller to COARSE PITCH- check for r.p.m. drop, then up to 2,400 r.p.m., close throttle slightly, check that r.p.m. remains at 2,400, then return Propeller to FINE PITCH, throttle to smooth, low idle.

Pneumatic System- FLAPS DOWN THEN UP- CHECK OPERATING NORNALLY
Brakes Pressure - 80-120 lbs.
Fuel Pressure- 2/12 to 3 lb./sq. in.
Harness - FIXED
Brakes Pressure- AT LEAST 80 lbs.
Flaps- CHECK THAT THEY ARE UP

Note The flaps are pneumatic and need pressure to operate

Hope this helps.It is from a previous post on startup and flying the spitfire

Groundpilot1
Airman

Post by Groundpilot1 »

It appears it is accu sim that is the problem with my set up... I can fly the standard downloaded Spitfire without accu sim and everything works, but with accu sim installed I still have no prop turning, unable to access the maintenance hangar, no voltage in cockpit even with accumulator connected, if I start engine via ctrl +e yes I get a sound outside but no prop turning, also I have to fly with no flaps and undercarriage down.. I have sp1&2 in FSX plus the a2a update and no difference... I will delete the accu sim part and just have the FSX version of the aircraft... Better than nothing...

Groundpilot1
Airman

Post by Groundpilot1 »

I am not looking for a reply lads so keep calm and carry on!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

What other mods aw you running? Sounds like either your SP2 is corrupt or simconnect is if your Accu-sim isn't running.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Help??

Post by Jacques »

Hi, Simconnect can be found here: : http:/. (Bad link removed). Or, if you open the Spitfire/ Tech forum, scroll down a bit to "stickies" click on the "Troubleshooting FAQ" entry, scroll down that almost to the end you'll find this link to Simconnect!

I know, I know, I wasn't supposed to post... Bu I can't help myself sometimes!
:D

JP
Last edited by Jacques on 27 Oct 2014, 17:07, edited 1 time in total.

Groundpilot1
Airman

Post by Groundpilot1 »

It's me again still at stalemate... I've done a complete thorough uninstall of FSX and a2a products using Revo uninstaller as a last resort to cure my problem.. I have now reinstalled everything by the book inc sp1&2 for FSX, a2a update, I then opened FSX and turned off auto mixture and rudder. I went into free flight and chose the MK 1 spit, all " looked" ok except the engine was running and once again no prop turning.... I went to settings=controller and buttons/keys then scrolled to engine auto start, which is now button 12 on my joystick. Opened free flight to spit.... Engine running no prop... Press button 12= engine stops. Went through your start procedure precisely, still no voltage on volt meter, pressed ctrl+2 engine starts but no prop turning, also no smoke effects... I am now at the stage of uninstalling permanently and losing the cost... Very disappointed.. I realise it could be a number of things but my knowledge is exhausted.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Help??

Post by Jacques »

So, Groundpilot, I am still unclear on one thing: When you start FSX you choose Free Flight and pick the Spitfire instead of letting the Cessna ( or the trike) load? I ask because from your description, you load FSX, click on Free Flight and then choose the Spitfire straight away instead of allowing the default aircraft to load in free flight. Is this the case?

JP
Last edited by Jacques on 24 Oct 2014, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Did you install simconnect?

clarkejw
Senior Airman

Post by clarkejw »

I know this sounds crazy, and there's probably no logical reason for it, but I had a similar situation. The engine running, etc, and my Spitfire wouldn't move, and the Mustang had no ground rudder control. I uninstalled the Spitfire (and Mustang in my case) reinstalled to no avail. I then uninstalled both aircraft, and deleted all their files in Documents.

I then reinstalled, aircraft, Accusim, then THE LAST OF THE OLD-STYLE CORE UPDATES, then the latest Accusim update, and also the one for the Spitfire. Voila! They work!

Might be worth a shot. I'm running P3Dv2.4.

Groundpilot1
Airman

Post by Groundpilot1 »

Hi lads.. Again... No I did not go straight to spit on free flight I actually flew the Beechcraft baron first which was fine. I also restarted the PC after "every" stage and install. As for sim connect I'm a bit confused... Firstly does this not come with the add on or FSX? I clicked on your link and got "error 404"? I have googled sim connect but wary of downloading as so many websites...? Perhaps you could suggest where I can download it? Also how and where does it install? Fsx? A2a? I think the guys holding down the tail of my Spit are getting fed up now ha ha...

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Help??

Post by Jacques »

Hi GP!

When you load free flight, whichever plane comes up on your sim (Baron, Cessna or Trike) select "fly now" and let that load but don't fly it. Once it is loaded, press the letter "A" four time to cycle though the different cockpit views to the 2d cockpit view.

Make sure the engine is off, magnetos are off and all electrical switches and avionics are turned off.

Then load up the Spitfire from the "Aircraft"- "Select aircraft" menu and see if it loads correctly. It should load up cold and dark if you turned everything off on your default aircraft.

You can check this by pressing shift+3 to bring up the controls menu. At the bottom, there is a line that reads, " auto-start" "auto-C&D off" and "Cold Start". Press "Cold Start" that should turn everything off. If you hear any engine sounds at this point, well... I don't know what to say.

Perhaps then you should close down FSX and go into your "documents" folder, A2A/ FSX/Spitfire/ and delete all the SpitfireIa and/or IIb .dat files.

Then repeat the above steps with your default aircraft and try loading up the Spitfire again.

Let us know what happens!

JP

Groundpilot1
Airman

Post by Groundpilot1 »

Phew...! Right will try again later.. Thanks

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”