Help??

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
Groundpilot1
Airman

Re: Help??

Post by Groundpilot1 »

Just a thought.... I have loaded FSX onto E drive instead of default C drive, I did this to keep my program files separate from other stuff, I'm assuming this is ok? All add on files appeared to have found FSX on E so I'm thinking all ok?

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

All good, it is better not be in the default path if you have other drives
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

Groundpilot1
Airman

Post by Groundpilot1 »

I assume the "Block update" now offered by A2A is the only one needed for the Spit? As it's the only one I have downloaded...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Simconnect is in the troubleshooting FAQ and is linked too a few times in this thread by myself and others.

Simply download and run the installer and it will correct any issues in your FSX simconnect.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Groundpilot1
Airman

Post by Groundpilot1 »

I did what you said and loaded 172 Cessna... All gauges visible. Although engine still running on spit on opening it up I can turn it off from panel although prop still does not turn plus I still can't restart using your procedure. I I'm there in the cockpit settings set to cold start from shift 3... I then connect the accumulator, chocks, tail held down, but when I go through start procedure inc all switches, throttle, vents open, stick back, prime 5 times, there is nothing when I press the start button... No voltage showing on gauge, no lights on panel plus no sounds from switches or prime plunger? Aarrrgghh!!

Groundpilot1
Airman

Post by Groundpilot1 »

I really think I will have to admit defeat on this... I've spent to many hours and got nowhere... I will go back to default aircraft at least it all worked ok... A big Thankyou again for all the guys who tried to help, safe flying, GP.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Have you installed simconnect ?

Groundpilot1
Airman

Post by Groundpilot1 »

One last effort today as I think I may have found the problem... Because I have loaded FSX onto my E drive instaad of default C drive due to me wanting programme files kept separate, I'm not convinced Sp1&2 have actually gone to FSX... As I've done a pc search and the only file location I've found is on C? As this was the download path. I've also searched FSX files and unless it is hidden or called something else I see no sign of either of them? I've tried to " Send" the downloads to FSX but there isn't anything in the send to menu that allows me to? I've put a shortcut on desktop to them both but don't know how to install them? The auto installer keeps sending them to C drive as default? Any ideas ? Please?

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

You should be able to change the default path over to the right it should say Browse click there and then find the path you have it under :-)
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Help??

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Okie dokie. Have you installed the service packs or just downloaded them? It sounds like you have just downloaded the files but not run the installers to install them?

Thanks,
Lewis

Groundpilot1
Airman

Post by Groundpilot1 »

Hi norforce... Yes I do realise re the browse option but the installer programme for these files does not have this option, it automatically sends it to C... I think I may have to delete the sp1&2 files I have on downloads C. And download again from windows... Unless you know a way of sending files from C to E?

Groundpilot1
Airman

Post by Groundpilot1 »

Hi again Lewis... Yes I have run the installers on both sp1&2... Both windows at the end said they had installed... But I can find no trace of either of them on FSX? The file location puts them on C drive? I ran FSX again this morning and did what you said, then opened the Spit to find engine running but no prop turning, I opened shift-3 and pressed cold start, activated all settings on that box ie chocks, tail held down, etc etc filled all fluids on other box, went into aircraft an tried to start but still nothing, no voltage on gauge no panel lights on... If I go outside on Spit and press Ctrl +e it starts but no prop turning... Weird eh?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Right ok. One step at a time.

Next did you restart your system after the installation?

The quickest way to check you have the service packs installed is to see if you have the option for dx10 preview under your FSX options. You don't need to use just check if its present. If it is then you are all updated.

Thanks,
Lewis

Groundpilot1
Airman

Post by Groundpilot1 »

Yes I did restart after each install.. I have to go out for couple of hours but will fire it up again then... Thanks for your patience

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”