Getting desperate now.

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Getting desperate now.

Post by bladerunner900 »

Hi D.

No worries. I was just musing. As for the tree shadows I don't think they move, but I never thought about that till now. I'll um, *cough* have a look on my next forced landing. :)

Actually, they probably only move with the direction of the sun

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Low cloud today. Had to do some Nap-of-the-earth flying in hilly terrain. Great stuff.

I landed by some trees and can confirm that the shadows only move with the sun. Guess they're not SpeedTree. The burnt shadows are begining to annoy as well.

Cheers.

Edit: Since using PTA, the quality of light can vary rapidly. Even during the same flight, as conditions change. Don't know if it's always been like that since v3, or if PTA is just highlighting it more. Marvellous, either way. :)

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Just thought I'd mention that the same install method seems to have also worked with the Accu-Sim P40. The configurator seems to be working too, in as much as I have the hydraulic pump and undercarriage configured. To date, I've also had partial success with the J3, but total failure with the B-17. So I think I'll leave it at that for now before I push my luck too far.

TTFN. :mrgreen:

hawkeye2816
Airman Basic

Post by hawkeye2816 »

The P-47 didn't work with your method, but the P-51 seems to have. It seems the oldest planes are the least supported. Go figure. As an aside, I don't know how realistic it is to be able to cruise in a P-51 at FL480, but I managed, and with a ground speed around 350 knots.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Hello hawkeye and welcome to the forums.

I haven't tried the P-51 yet and probably won't, as I'll wait for the new one. I've found some things, feel different in the Spitfire. Perhaps I'm remembering wrong but, she seems more nimble that I remember. I'll just be glad to get the new one. It can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

Steve

:wink:

hawkeye2816
Airman Basic

Post by hawkeye2816 »

Thanks for the welcome.

You say the Spitfire feels more nimble. I think I know what you mean. The P-51 has always been a touchy bird, but I don't remember it being anything like what I was having to deal with last night. For the life of me, I could not get it to trim level, and the slightest control inputs could send it into a nosedive or a near vertical climb. I thought I was imagining things, or that the trim was just that incredibly sensitive (I set my trim axis sensitivity to its minimum setting in P3D), but if your Spitfire is twitchier too, then it must be a change in the underlying simulation that's causing it. Both these planes were originally meant for FSX, after all.

As for the P-47, the biggest issue was that the engine "experienced a rare and sudden failure" every couple minutes in flight, rendering the plane entirely unusable. Without Accu-Sim at all, the engine gradually overheats and dies within 3 minutes of taking off, no matter the airspeed, throttle setting, or cowl flap setting, also rendering the plane entirely unusable. Shame, that, since the P-47 was a joy to fly.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

I must admit that I'm getting impatient now, but that's on me. So I did install the P-51 and it seems to work. My impatience did translate to my first take-off though, as I went snaking down the runway with a rushed throttle. Trimming for level flight did seem to work properly as far as I remember, but she has loads more power/torque than the Spit. and must be treated with respect.

Like the Spit. I think she does feel lighter. I think what is happening is that v4 is running stuff better and that is probably resulting in things feeling easier, or smoother. I took the default Extra 300 out earlier for some 'gymnastics' and promptly did a few rolls before getting to grips with her. :lol:

Anyway, roll on the official releases.

Steve

:wink:

Edit:
Nope. There's something not right. After a short flight she got pretty uncontrollable after a while. Far too sensitive.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

V4 does seem to give a quicker lighter feel. With some tweaking, I think people are going to love a certain upgraded aircraft... ;)
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Killratio wrote:V4 does seem to give a quicker lighter feel. With some tweaking, I think people are going to love a certain upgraded aircraft... ;)
Please, more info! :-D

We're drowning here, and you're describing the water!

(paraphrased from "As Good as it Gets")
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Sorry Erik,I can safely hide behind those three magical letters... NDA ;)

My comments were, however, mainly directed at P3DV4 in general... a lighter or, more accurately, a more "fluid" feel.
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Fancied a change in scenery today. No prizes for guessing where I am but the weather is much nicer here.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Got some classic AI working today.

Wheels down. That's surrendering, isn't it?

:D

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the word on getting "legacy" aircraft into P3Dv4.2! I just got done flying my P-40 around the pattern at KAWO and it works great! Waaay easier to land than the T-6! I moved my J-3 also. Wait until the next multiplayer flyday!

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”