Confiigurator selections not connecting to spitfire

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
flash2
Senior Airman

Confiigurator selections not connecting to spitfire

Post by flash2 »

I am able to find the configurator for the Spitfire using the following path

C:\programFiles[86]\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\A2A\spitfire\tools- this was recommended in a previous topic and worked on my T6 before I lost it due to FSX re install.

The configurator icon shows up and I open it and can assign my controllers to the desired items and watch them move in the configurator ( like the Radiator vent control - varying from 0 to 100% ) etc.

After hitting the SAVE AND UPDATE FSX I get the following error message and the settings do not show up when I open up the plane.

Please Verify that the path to FSX is correct and that the Spitfire is properly installed.

I did note that although I could fine the configurator I could not elevate it to \ configurator following tools in the above path

I do get the have the Spitfire plane up and running and can manipulate all other controls that I have set to date except those in the configurator

Please advise as to how to verify the plane is properly installed and how to get the configurator settings to stick.

Thank you,

John

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Confiigurator selections not connecting to spitfire

Post by Oracle427 »

What sim platform are you using?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

sim Platform? - MSFX Steam - in windows 10- Is that what you mean by platform?

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

yes and did you manually copy any files around or just use the default install locations? Was the Spitfire purchased via Steam?

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Spitfire and Accusim purchased from A2A and downloaded but had problems unzipping initially. Did not intentionally copy anywhere but tried unzipping different ways.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Will need to see if someone who has experience with Steam can chime in. I don't know how to perform the install for Steam.

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

I have verified the installation of MSFX Steam a couple of times through their following their instructions and suspect that my problem is with Spitfire install. I have been able to fly Ants Tiger Moth and modify those initial instructions in opening with the engine off which is typically what I do on all planes.

I need to find a test or instruction for correct install of Spitfire and am hesitant to uninstall and install again as I don't want to lose a download qualification. My initial problem was that I could not unzip to find Save and then Find Run which is the standard install procedure.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

try running the config app as admin via right clicking and selecting run as admin.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Lewis- I gave Run as Adm a try and was not successful. A window comes up and asks to select main FSX folder and I select all the options I have and the message fsx.exec not found. I looked at all my files on the computer and did a search and can't find it either.

In addition I cannot get my trim wheel to register in the cockpit yet I can when flying the Tiger Moth. I do get all the other controls in settings that I apply except the configurator ones. My initial problem when downloading the Spitfire and Accusim is that I could not unzip the main folders readily although I finally did get the Spitfire planes and hanger etc. up and running.

I think that I did not get a good install and hooped to fix so I don't lose another install as I am down to 4 more.

Appreciate any help you can give me to get flying the spitfire again and then will download the T-6 which I have had on once before

thanks
John

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Lewis,

I was able to solve my configuration problem after talking to steam and "enabling show all files" and then looking for FSX main file in the configure action window. I then made my selections and applied them to the Spitfire and saved the file as my default flight. I have one more item that I would like to achieve which is to turn off magnet 1 & 2 so they are off on opening my plane. I have everything else off and can't seem to disable these.

Thanks again for any you support. I am now ready to re- install my T-6 Texan. Is there a Harvard version of this Plane other than color and insignia?

John

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

I meant Magneto - Sorry - even if it is a magnet and coil.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if you click cold start you should be good to save and or go with start up then.

thanks,
Lewis

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Lewis.

I did find Cold Start and it put the magneto's and other switches in the off positions and I saved and called that flight my default flight. However upon exiting MSFX and restarting I find the magnetos and generator in the on position. Am I doing something wrong or am I expecting too much?

John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello John,

how are you loading the sim?

What is your default flight in the sim?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

How am I loading the sim? - Not sure I understand- MSFX is Icon on desk top so I right click and then left click on OPEN Sometimes double clicking icon works.

Default is called Spitfire7 at this point due to the # of times that I have tried

Now also have the T-6 up and running and going through the same process and making selections in the Configurator and having problems there also. Should I post under T-6? - Configurator just gives me window with Landing Lights and GPS with many options but nothing brings up the configurator selection window.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”