An angry Spitfire

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
gibo
Senior Airman

An angry Spitfire

Post by gibo »

I have added, at my own risk and unsupported, Tacpack to my Prepar3d v4.4 Spitfire and attach a few screenshots.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
EDIT
Instructions can be downloaded from here https://1drv.ms/b/s!Av2KDJ8SuEk0hTD82HccNUv6f1B7

Only a few simple edits but follow the instructions carefully. Also included are some info on setting up formations.

What can be done. This is an old FSX video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGAu63MFUh0
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It is a real challenge to set a formation of Luftwaffe bombers flying from over Calais to London via Dover then me takeoff from an RAF airfield in my A2A Spitfire, climb without losing power then search for the bombers. It is not easy to eventually see some specs in the sky. After all tha I then only have a few seconds of ammo before I run dry.

The tracer and shell casings are only effects and stop when my ammo runs out!

The guns in the Tacpack are angled in a little to converge and to hit a target using the default A2A gunsight at a certain range.
Last edited by gibo on 02 Feb 2019, 02:13, edited 5 times in total.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: An angry Spitfire

Post by n421nj »

Awesome. I get A2A not adding working guns to their products but I can also see the other side to that coin. These planes were designed and built with one purpose in mind - they were war machines which is part of the whole experience. Having a Spitfire with no guns is better than no Spitfire at all
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I couldn't imagine how many hours I spent in CFS2, and I miss shooting very much! I can't bring myself to buy anything but Accusim planes anymore. I don't expect A2A to change their position on adding guns, but it would sure be nice.

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

So, you going to keep it a secret on just how you did it? I'm sure you modified something in the aircraft.cfg file or elsewhere so that TacPack is able to be used by the Spitfire.

Also, how did you get a formation of other aircraft flying? In FSX I used to use FS Recorder, but have not figured out how to do it in P3D

Please share!

Thanks!

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

To Gibo: Please hurry up and post an answer on how you did it, before this whole forum goes away!

Seeya
ATB

gibo
Senior Airman

Post by gibo »

TBryson2 wrote:So, you going to keep it a secret on just how you did it? I'm sure you modified something in the aircraft.cfg file or elsewhere so that TacPack is able to be used by the Spitfire.

Also, how did you get a formation of other aircraft flying? In FSX I used to use FS Recorder, but have not figured out how to do it in P3D

Please share!

Thanks!

TB2

Quite simple. Eight lines to the aircraft.cfg, 1 line in the panel.cfg, a gauge file and a couple of effects file.

The formation is via a freeware program created by FSX@War. CCP (Carrier and Convoy Planner) .

Later today I will give instructions and upload a formation and route to be used by CCP. For the time being, you can d/l and install CCP from here https://forums.vrsimulations.com/forums ... 08&t=19271

A short video, however this is not an authentic Luftwaffe formation. I have since made a Vee shaped of 9 aircraft which I found in a book about the BOB.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzmfR2RNxBc

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

Hmmm. Still keeping it a secret or am I being a bit hasty here?

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club

gibo
Senior Airman

Post by gibo »

TBryson2 wrote:Hmmm. Still keeping it a secret or am I being a bit hasty here?

TB2

I have started to put it all together but ran out of time yesterday. Saturday atm so later today should be all good.

Cheers
gibo

gibo
Senior Airman

Post by gibo »

TBryson2 wrote:Hmmm. Still keeping it a secret or am I being a bit hasty here?

TB2
All good, hopefully. See first post.

Cheers,
gibo

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

Thank you sir! Didn't expect such a nice document! Excellent job!

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club

gibo
Senior Airman

Post by gibo »

TBryson2 wrote:Thank you sir! Didn't expect such a nice document! Excellent job!

TB2
Not a problem.

Let me know if all good in case I missed something.

Thanks

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”