APAD.neXt/ FSX Settings

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
flash2
Senior Airman

APAD.neXt/ FSX Settings

Post by flash2 »

I am flying the Accusim Spitfires and T-6 Texan and recently installed SPAD.neXt to enable my Saitek FIPs to provide accurate RPM readings as in the cockpit.

I have used FSX and the Configuration extensions on each plane and my controls are working fine with SPAD.neXt enabled.

Shall I continue operating as is or should I switch controls over to SPAD.next where I reassign buttons/levers on each control to SPAD.neXt?

I am flying 3 planes (above + Ant's Tiger moth) and will be adding 6 more Saitek FIPS to accommodate flying the Texan and Spitfires in external views and hope to set up each plane profile in SPAD,neXt for automatic selection of gauges on selecting each plane to fly. Has anyone done this successfully?

Thanks,
John

flash2
Senior Airman

Re: SPAD.neXt/ FSX Settings

Post by flash2 »

Since I have not had any responses to this note and things are working well with my initial FSX settings I am going to keep it that way unless someone responds with some advantages to connecting and configuring the controls with SPAD.neXT.

Thank you
John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: APAD.neXt/ FSX Settings

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello John,

the KISS principle is relevant here. Keep it simple and only use the software you need. As soon as it gets complex that'll be when issues start and troubleshooting becomes more and more complex.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Thanks Lewis - John

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

John,

With any hardware setup beyond joystick/throttle you will eventually run into all sorts of problems with glitches, strange happenings, maintenance issues etc. As Lewis says "KISS" . The more programmes, keysets etc you have, the more glitches will show up and the harder it is to find exactly what is causing them.

D
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Oh...and with switches, it is always best to use either momentary or on off switches. On/on switches are easier to programme but the more you have "active" at a time the more problems you will run into.

So instead of having an on/on switch for two landing gear positions (or two limit switches) it is much better to have one switch which is programmed to be "down" when "on" and "up" when off. It takes extra effort but it pays off.

D
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”